Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 06:38 AM

120 posts, read 226,846 times

Advertisements

Hi folks!

We are contemplating a move to the MB area and have been there a few times but only for a couple days each time. We are looking to spend between 400-500k for a nice house, pool is good, gated is good. Not a golfer but a photographer so scenery is a plus. (see website below)

So far we like Prestwick, Wachesaw Plantation and recently (February) we visited Cypress River Plantation which we really liked. I guess there are pros and cons to each. Both Prestwick an Wachesaw Plantation look to be more mature areas but Cypress River is appealing. How is the flood problem in that area? Any other issues or good points to pass on?

We will be coming down again sometime in August to see how it is in the dead of summer. Appreciate any feedback, thank you very much!!!

George

http://www.decamp.net/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 12:13 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,620 times
All beautiful areas. In August be prepared, it will be toasty

Old 03-13-2016, 07:44 PM

2 posts, read 3,429 times
We relocated ourselves 10/14 from upstate NY and never looked back. We live off 17s, just down from Prestwick. This area gets a wonderful breeze and being south Myrtle, you are a bit out of the busy busy. Enjoy and Good Luck!

Old 03-13-2016, 10:08 PM

9 posts, read 10,989 times
George,
The areas that you have mentioned are very good and I have shown property in all of them, most recently Wachesaw Plantation. I would be more than happy to assist you if you need any help or any additional information as well as email you properties within all of those areas. Look forward to hearing from you.

Carol

Old 03-14-2016, 02:33 AM

Thanks folks! Nicki61, thats good info thanks!

Carol, not ready to buy yet, still looking but thanks!

Old 03-14-2016, 06:35 AM

39 posts, read 54,414 times
George,
I suggest you take advantage of Carol's offer. She can set you up on her mls "auto email" & provide listings that match your real estate search parameters on a daily basis. This will keep you abreast of the market and give you a head start. No obligations, no phone solicitations etc. As an Ocean City, NJ real estate broker who will hopefully be relocating to The Market Common area next year I take advantage of this data provided by local brokers.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:57 AM

Hey thanks ccpat that sounds like a good idea. I will pm her this eve....

Old 03-14-2016, 12:26 PM

312 posts, read 516,564 times
You might also consider building a home in Woodlawn Plantation. It's not far from Wachesaw Plantation. Few seem to know abt it. Most have pools in their yards, and it's gated.

Moved here in June from Nassau County. I was in Mt Pleasant for ten years and accepted a job in NYC. I decided rather quickly that it wasn't for me. I'm back in coastal SC to stay.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtoLongIsland View Post
You might also consider building a home in Woodlawn Plantation. It's not far from Wachesaw Plantation. Few seem to know abt it. Most have pools in their yards, and it's gated.

Moved here in June from Nassau County. I was in Mt Pleasant for ten years and accepted a job in NYC. I decided rather quickly that it wasn't for me. I'm back in coastal SC to stay.

Hey thanks SC! That one I have never heard about but will be sure to look it up and maybe visit next time my wife and I am in town which will be August I think.

Much appreciated!!! Kinda funny I grew up on Woodlawn Avenue in St James, LI! :-)

Old 03-14-2016, 03:04 PM

538 posts, read 1,008,129 times
Welcome from another Long Islander..... (commack/smithtown area)

You're looking at some real nice communities. If it's nature that you want, I would stick to Wachesaw Plantation. I live 2 mins from the front gate from there ( in Prince Creek). Prince creek has some real nice neighborhoods that might interest you too. Highwood of Prince creek is nice. Also try Collins Creek Landing. Both are 2 mins from Wachesaw Plantation. Gated, nice big houses.
Murrells Inlet (where all the above are listed) is a great little town. It's only 5 mins from Brookgreen Gardens & Huntington State Park. Being the photographer that you are...this is a MUST, I repeat MUST place for you to visit, and bring your photography gear. You also have the marsh views of Murrells Inlet. If you have any Q's about the neighborhood, and any others, you can ask here, or send me a private message on here. Good luck...and hopefully we can say "hello neighbor" real soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area