Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 09:57 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,881,808 times

Advertisements

NickD, asking how "crime is in Myrtle Beach" is like asking "how's crime on Staten Island". You have areas like Jersey Street & areas like Todt Hill. Apples & oranges and the more you research you see the differences and fins an area you're comfortable with. You need to come down and explore for yourself in person. Like other posters have mentioned, Carolina Forest has been a great destination for folks from up north. It is actually referred to by the locals as "Yankee Stadium". Good school, lots of shopping, substantial traffic during the summer. If you are looking for less congestion you can look up towards Little River or down into Georgetown County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 06:39 AM

2 posts, read 2,602 times
Having moved here a year ago, I can say I wouldn't do it again. It has nothing to do with the crime. Coming from Boston area crime here is small. Yes in the summer months the population swells and the crimes increase but its directly tied to the number of people here. My bigger issue is the people. I just do not see them as friendly. Lots of transplants and they are ok but the locals, man they hate people from the north and call us Yankees and other not so nice things. They say people from Mass are not friendly?? Surely they have no idea because I have never been amongst such unhappy people as I have here.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:03 AM

161 posts, read 330,859 times
Patsfan2016 - that is a shame . We have had the complete opposite experience . We have encountered nothing but friendly people , both natives and transplants alike. We recently took a trip back up north and that trip just confirmed we did the right thing in moving here!

Old 02-02-2016, 01:09 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,556,472 times
In my Jersey opinion, the people here can seem too friendly (both locals and transplants). While not a bad thing (and it reminds me to "lighten up"), I do get tired of waving back to almost every car that passes as I do my morning walk.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:36 PM

312 posts, read 517,243 times
Ha ha. Yes, I moved here after two years in Nassau County, Long Island. Love how friendly everyone is here.

Old 05-30-2016, 03:58 PM

6 posts, read 6,056 times
SCtoLongIsland, is the house you rented in Surfside beach available now. I need a place starting July 15 for short term while I find a house, and I have a cat. Is it furnished?

Old 05-30-2016, 07:58 PM

312 posts, read 517,243 times
The owner sold it.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:42 AM

55 posts, read 96,935 times
I retired to Little River from Mass 3 years ago. While I can't speak about schools,not having young children,
I think Little River is worth investigating. It's close to Myrtle Beach, but without all the traffic. I live 15 minutes from the beach. The police dept, library, registry, etc is just down the street. The banks, supermarkets, shopping centers, are all close by. You can build, or find affordable housing and its all a family friendly area. Just a thought...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area