Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 11:36 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,703,841 times

Advertisements

There were a couple of things that gave Market Commons (Emmens Preserve) the edge. One was that it was close enough to shopping that I could bike or take a golf cart or even walk. I liked that it was close to the State Park. The HOA itself had a lot of activities going on and so did the Market Commons Calendar | Market Common, Myrtle Beach, SC. The place I chose lets me walk to the pool and clubhouse, and the overall landscaping of the common areas was well kept and inviting. I spent one afternoon walking around the area and talking to people. Everyone I met was friendly and enjoyed living there. Perhaps the most important factor is that I found a house that fits my needs and budget that I can personalize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 07:40 PM

9 posts, read 12,367 times
Thanks for the info, Retire. We're now looking forward to it that much more. Who knows? We may end up neighbors.

Old 10-30-2015, 04:00 PM

6 posts, read 6,054 times
Hey CTYankee54, we are from Berlin, CT and will be in Murrells Inlet next week checking it out for a move in the Spring. What do you know about the new construction in Woodland Park in Surfside Beach

Old 10-30-2015, 07:43 PM

790 posts, read 1,625,618 times
If this is the Woodland Park that you are talking about (http://www.flagshipconstruction.com/...Park.html#tabs), then I don't know a lot as I have not visited it since they began building houses. I drove by it when they were clearing the land so I know where it is.

I can tell you that when we were looking to build, Flagship was one of the better tract home builders that we looked at. But that was several years ago and we've heard mixed reviews since then as building picked up and labor became harder to come by. The location of this development is pretty good although for the next couple of years, if you want to get up to MB itself, there's going to be lots of traffic tie-ups as there is construction at Glenns Bay Road on Bypass 17 and major construction on Rt 707 (both are the main highways for getting up to MB. If you are going to stay in the Murrells Inlet area and don't intend on going north of Glenns Bay, it would not be a problem or if you don't mind the traffic for a couple of years, it also would not be a problem. Is there a reason you're looking at that area?

Flagship is also building a development next to where we live on Forestbrook (Forestbrook Preserve) although the houses look like they run a little more than Woodland Park. There are also a couple of houses for sale in our neighborhood (The Park @ Forestbrook) which are newer (one is less than a year old) so you might want to check them out while you're here. We're a little biased, but we think Forestbrook is more convenient than the MI area for getting to the activities in MB (free concerts during the summer, the airport, shopping malls, etc). It's central to everything so we can get to Conway, North MB, MI, the Marshwalk, MB State Park very easily and avoid most of the major traffic during the summer.

By the way, we moved here from Newington so we were practically neighbors!!! If you'd like to get together for lunch or something to kick around what you're seeing and our experiences, just PM me.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:28 PM

2 posts, read 1,205 times
Default Hope I got you in time

If your buying from Flagship, 1 is go directly to office, avoid realtor. There in-house Realty is called REaltyworks. Also avoid the pressure of using there financing company use your own, regardless of what they say. Ask for your house to be Screw built, no Nails, if you go with Nails, as the house settles you will have Nail outs throughout the house. Yes Flagship still used Nails a year ago. Me and My friend both had Lawn Issues, so before the foundation is poured tell them to level the property before they lay down the sod (My dilemma, I have pockets of Standing water in my yard). If for any reason it is purchased between October and February, take a written statement and you should hold off on getting the grass planted. They use Sod from a cheap farm and the grass completely died on my friend and his neighbor because they purchased in the cold season. If they don't offer you irrigation, it may be because the water pressure in the community is low. So even if they do, ask for the community water pressure, If it is low (12gpm or lower) get them to install a pump for your whole water supply and get a separate meter for your irrigation to save on sewage cost. Conway Water charges sewage based on water consumption. My last advice before you put in the furniture and before signing, ask for a late night walk thru. Have someone else outside with a bright flashlight walk around the entire house base and check for light leaking into the house by the floor, I had this issue in the garage and a bedroom. I got on them about the Nail outs and the lawn before the 1 year warranty expired. They banged the same nails back in, and without my permission added a drain in my lawn that is now clogged. I repaired the floor gaps on my own, and my friend took them to court for his entire lawn dying before the year expired, He is now dealing with a water leak that has taken them forever to fix.
I am not against them they have a great deal on houses and you get what you pay for, and I am extremely happy with my place and so is my friend. But if I can save someone a headache, I'm doing it. Also get all the upgrades they offer that you think "oh ill get it later" it will cost you more, except for appliances. you can get better prices at the sears in myrtle beach, I picked up a Stainless steel double door from their return pit for about $600. Also check out Keller Williams realty at 2002 N. Oak st. #300 MB, SC 29577. More bang for your buck, most of the stuff Flagship charges as extras are included with Keller, My only issue with them is Smaller lots, I need a little yard space.
I may be late in the advice but the post will still come up in searches and help all

Last edited by DavidL919; 01-19-2016 at 04:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area