Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 03:19 PM

1,126 posts, read 1,721,737 times

Advertisements

Realizing that this could be a dangerous question... ...
Are there any Auburn fan clubs in the Myrtle Beach area that have plans for a gathering to watch the game tomorrow?
We're new here, and would love to see the game with other Auburn fans...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 03:21 PM

467 posts, read 542,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post
Realizing that this could be a dangerous question... ...
Are there any Auburn fan clubs in the Myrtle Beach area that have plans for a gathering to watch the game tomorrow?
We're new here, and would love to see the game with other Auburn fans...
lol why would that be a dangerous question? I don't think people in SC think much about Auburn.

I doubt there is an official Auburn fan club in MB but you never know I guess. You could probably check Auburn's alumni website to get info on alumin/viewing clubs around the country. I know Clemson has that kind of info on their alumni website.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:03 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,351,144 times
Any SEC team over any other conference team for me. Go Tigers! Sorry Clemson fans, I meant Auburn.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:58 PM

Precisely our interest, TNKY.....
Thanks for your reply Francis; I did check and there are no official AU clubs in this area. Wasn't really expecting to find one, but a group of fans on the AU side of the game would be nice to join up with.

Old 01-05-2014, 07:00 PM

No problem.

i don't get this conference cheerleading thing..., I don't pull for other ACC schools and hope they lose most of the time. lol

I'm only pulling for FSU this year b/c we will hear about SEC is better than ACC if Auburn wins. lol

Old 01-05-2014, 08:50 PM

Well I have a long standing beef with the Gators, so its Auburn for me, but frankly the whole idea of college sports being games any longer is just bunk IMO. When the schools started working around the media schedules that did it for me, and now they arrange teams so that "conference" lines are a joke- I mean really, Missouri in the SEC???
Buts its still fun to watch with or without a loyalty.

Old 01-06-2014, 03:35 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,141,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post
Well I have a long standing beef with the Gators, so its Auburn for me, but frankly the whole idea of college sports being games any longer is just bunk IMO. When the schools started working around the media schedules that did it for me, and now they arrange teams so that "conference" lines are a joke- I mean really, Missouri in the SEC???
Buts its still fun to watch with or without a loyalty.
Plenty of Gamecocks will be out to watch the game and cheer for the SEC. Try King Street Grill in Market Common, Dagwoods in Surfside, pretty much anywhere.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:15 PM

They ought to just take SC off Gamecocks jerseys and put SEC on them. They seem to play more for a conference than their school. lol

Old 01-06-2014, 04:51 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,351,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis. View Post
i don't get this conference cheerleading thing.
No one outside the SEC fan base does. There's been plenty of people complaining about it on the college football forum over the years, but it is what it is. We love our conference, what I don't get is why it bothers so many people.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
No one outside the SEC fan base does. There's been plenty of people complaining about it on the college football forum over the years, but it is what it is. We love our conference, what I don't get is why it bothers so many people.
I dont know if "bothers" is the right word. I think you guys do it so you can continue to benefit from SEC bias in the weekly rankings. The joke is when a SEC team losses to another SEC team they drop 1 whole spot in the polls. lol

I don't believe in rooting for rivals, what fun is that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area