Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 03:49 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,348,667 times

Advertisements

So starting tomorrow morning, I will be here solo as my wife and kids dare to venture back to freezing Michigan for a full half month. Without me. Financially it would be too tight for me to join them due to missing too much work, but my job also wouldn't allow it anyhow. So...any cool ideas on what a 40 something guy could do during this period of tranquility yet loneliness?

I am doing some things with church groups, but would like any ideas. Volunteer work, events or somewhere to explore. Whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 04:07 PM

538 posts, read 1,008,580 times
Sex, drugs & rock-n-roll!!!!

Old 12-19-2013, 04:39 PM

747 posts, read 1,683,557 times
Check out some of the local events going on, there are always tons. I know there is lots of things going on for new years. The Market Common is doing the southern times square, which is new this year. I'm surprised anyone would have to ask about what they could do here, i'm constantly telling my husband "oh I wanna do that", "oh i wanna go, won't that be fun?". Not sure what you like to do but I see a lot of guys around that age fishing, even when it's chilly out. Not sure how long you've lived here or what you've done or seen. However you could check out a local town not to far away and explore there for the day florence, or conway to name two. Maybe take in a round of golf if you like those sorts of things. On some more pretty days like this weekend, maybe rent a boat and take some time for yourself and relax a bit out on the water? Take a drive on a road you've never been on and see where you end up (just take your gps if you got one). Maybe check out a local restaurant you've yet to go to. Google events in myrtle beach for december and maybe you can find some thing to your liking.

Last edited by CarolinaDreams; 12-19-2013 at 04:48 PM..

Old 12-19-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC here I come View Post
Sex, drugs & rock-n-roll!!!!
That's the stuff I do when the wife is here

Old 12-19-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
I'm surprised anyone would have to ask about what they could do here, i'm constantly telling my husband "oh I wanna do that", "oh i wanna go, won't that be fun?".
I have indeed spent time searching and do have some things in mind, especially when the weather is going to be so nice this weekend. Thanks for responding and sharing your thoughts.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:12 PM

747 posts, read 1,683,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
I have indeed spent time searching and do have some things in mind, especially when the weather is going to be so nice this weekend. Thanks for responding and sharing your thoughts.
Good luck! hope you enjoy whatever it is you have picked.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:19 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,702,267 times
Myrtle Beach Area Volunteer Opportunities | Relocate Invest Retire | Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

While researching Myrtle Beach I found this site, also check with your local food bank, they always need help stocking shelves or delivering food to people who can't get to the center

Old 12-19-2013, 08:31 PM

253 posts, read 470,547 times
Quote:
That's the stuff I do when the wife is here
Oh, my goodness...

Old 12-20-2013, 09:06 AM

1,124 posts, read 1,718,904 times
You might like Hobcaw Barony- I haven't been yet, but its on my to do list.
This one is somewhat " off-the-wall", but if you like auctions or "antiquing" you may find something this weekend...auctionzip.com has listings of upcoming auctions for the area. We've tried a couple and, as with anything, some are better than others- but the people watching is worth it even if you don't find anything to buy!!

Old 12-20-2013, 01:29 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,783,001 times
Quote:
So starting tomorrow morning, I will be here solo as my wife and kids dare to venture back to freezing Michigan for a full half month. Without me. Financially it would be too tight for me to join them due to missing too much work, but my job also wouldn't allow it anyhow. So...any cool ideas on what a 40 something guy could do during this period of tranquility yet loneliness?

I am doing some things with church groups, but would like any ideas. Volunteer work, events or somewhere to explore. Whatever.
This may seem weird but I'm ok with that. My husband and I are in our 40's, live in Conway and moved here in 2007. I always like to extend invitations so if you end up with no plans and don't want to be alone, you are invited to our house. Dues to health issues, I havent really made plans yet except tomorrow a few ppl over if you would like to come by. Christmas eve used to be a big one for me, I'm Italian and we always had a party but it will be quiet this yr. His mother lives in Carolina Forest and might be coming for dinner. Christmas day not sure either but anyway, send me a message if you can wrap your head around a stranger inviting you over.

Last edited by Global Friend; 12-20-2013 at 01:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area