Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 08:43 AM

78 posts, read 136,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
The way you talk about these people and call them idiots says a lot to me about you. I suggest you start with craigslist. No agent is going to show you houses for a May move in because no one knows what will be available. I would have blown you off also, you are looking way too early.

If you are willing to pay rent starting January 1st, tell these agents you are looking at a January 1 move in date.

The agents cannot read your mind.

As to getting them fired, you reap what you sow.
I have read many of your post here and truly respect and admire your knowledge of the area but I have to disagree and point out some flaws in your post.

1. When someone knows you are traveling 600+ miles and makes an appointment with you, and you call and double check days before arriving that the appointment is still on and they say yes. Then turn around and are no shows at that appointment I cannot think of any other word to describe those types of people other then unprofessional, heartless or an idiot. I would say all three actually. Only a true idiot would leave someone hanging like they did. To not even make a single phone call the change the appointment and for one to not call and go to a closing that was scheduled the day before the closing is so wrong and unprofessional.

2. Please read the entire thread before commenting because it is apparent you did not. I explained above that if the right house came along we would grab it and pay the months ahead in advance to get that house rented, come down and clean it, move certain items and even spend a weekend or more in the home before completely moving in 5 months. So you would blow someone with cash in their hand and 800 FICO scores off when I was extremely clear with each one of them I will have cash in hand to rent for 5 months before move in date and they were all fine with that. Not like I did not tell them my exact plans and even went out of my way to send them numerous emails explaining the details.

3. You stated agents cannot read your mind. LOL here. Then how are you reading my mind because you seem to know nothing about the details yet comment like this. The agents did not need to read my mind. They were well aware of a cash carrying person with 800 FICO scores who was willing to pay in advance 5 months or 3 months or whatever it was to get the house that we liked. So again your statement tells me a lot about you that you are trying to protect lousy property managers who deserve to be fired.

Having worked the same job my entire life and half of that being a supervisor and owned and operated a family business with employees I can tell you that you must never have been in a position of authority, owned a business or had employees. Employees are paid to do a job. When they work for you and your name on on that business they are required to act in a professional manner at all times.

A bit of decency and courtesy goes a long way and as a supervisor of many people when I had someone who could not do the job and or did not want to do the job correctly it was my responsibility to get rid of them and find someone who would.

The aqent is totally responsible. They hired these people to do a job and now their name is being hurt by these people who need to find another profession as they are not in the correct one.

Your comments in the other thread that I will address here.

Everyone wants to live in Myrtle Beach. Property managers get calls hourly from people on vacation who want to look at property then never show up.

Blame the people who don't show up to the appointments not the agent.

And again, no one knows what properties are going to be available months from now.

Your anger seems to be from something else.

That is part of the real estate and many other businesses and if you make an appointment as a realtor or property manager and dont show then you should be fired or at least reprimanded and reported to the board of realtors.

I addressed the agent above. Agents are responsible for the people they hire.

Again, I am looking at renting now but you failed to read the entire thread to even comment on it.

Anger, no anger at all. Just disappointed that a large number of realtors and property managers in Myrtle Beach are playing a large part of making a bad reputation for the town itself. Like you said everyone wants to move to MB and 1000s of people are posting on many areas of the internet issues with property managers in MB. You can protect them all you want but someone needs to put an end to this horrific reputation they have earned.

Also, again you are reading my mind but tell me above how can a PM read your mind but you are doing that exact thing.

I know you are pretty much an expert on this area and probably know many of these agents, property managers etc and trying to protect them but I sure would not protect people who cannot handle their job, ruin a reputation of a city you know well and dont have the professionalism or courtesy to even call to change or reschedule an appointment.

This would be like your Doctors office clerk telling you that your appointment is tomorrow at noon. You show up and the doors are locked. The clerk is at fault and now the Doctor is as well as his or her name on the line.

Attorney Generals office in SC told me I should be filing a small claims lawsuit against the no shows as they made an appointment knowing in advance I was traveling 600+ plus miles with expenses and they did not fulfill their promises which are noted in text messages and emails.

When the AG of your state agrees with me on this issue then I know I am 110% correct.

** Just an update. I have found one property manager in MB who is going out of their way to send me properties. I explained to her the issues above and she said yes, we have a few issues with other agencies and it effects our business as well. If we make an appointment we keep it. Even if we have to send someone else out to show you the property we will.

So cash and 800 FICOS scores means nothing to property managers in MB? Holy moly, guess I need to come down an train these people on credit scores, job longevity, cash is king and how to run a business properly. You wont find many people with 800 FICO scores and you wont find many who will pay cash on the spot up front for 5 months of rent.

If I were a PM in MB I would grab anyone who I pulled their credit and had 800 scores and give them red carpet treatment because 95% of those people do what they say and will be great renters.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:00 PM

Now I have one of those property managers sending me nasty emails because they were removed from being a property manager by the owner of the realty company.

Shows how nasty some who screw over people and cost them money can be.

I made appts with his lady, called to confirm days in advance and even the night before and the "former" property manager failed to due her duty and job by contacting me and letting me know she had other plans.

No one who handles things like this deserves a job like this.

I am being told by a board of realtors member that she is likely to lose her real estate license as well as this is not the only complaint on her record.

Attorney General also made a call to the realtor company as well as I posted a complaint on rip off report and filed a complaint with the BBB.

No one, and I mean no one should have to go through this.

People who love MB should be ashamed to have people like this representing their town.

She knew I was going to spend money and expenses on coming to MB from Ohio, hotel stay, gas etc and yet could care less other then her own pockets to go to a closing and not let me know.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:34 AM

935 posts, read 1,651,089 times
guess you told her, huh ? oh, by the way; welcome to the beach

Old 12-29-2013, 07:50 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,427,842 times
It's always interesting to me that people think one person represents a whole bunch of others.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:28 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,674,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Strand-Family View Post
Now I have one of those property managers sending me nasty emails because they were removed from being a property manager by the owner of the realty company.

Shows how nasty some who screw over people and cost them money can be.

I made appts with his lady, called to confirm days in advance and even the night before and the "former" property manager failed to due her duty and job by contacting me and letting me know she had other plans.

No one who handles things like this deserves a job like this.

I am being told by a board of realtors member that she is likely to lose her real estate license as well as this is not the only complaint on her record.

Attorney General also made a call to the realtor company as well as I posted a complaint on rip off report and filed a complaint with the BBB.

No one, and I mean no one should have to go through this.

People who love MB should be ashamed to have people like this representing their town.

She knew I was going to spend money and expenses on coming to MB from Ohio, hotel stay, gas etc and yet could care less other then her own pockets to go to a closing and not let me know.
A couple of things:

Why should I be ashamed because of this one person who was rude to you? This person does not represent my town! I don't even know her. She represented the property owner and that is all.

Also, don't you wonder about the property owner? This property owner shared information about your complaint with this person who is now sending you nasty emails?? Something is totally wrong with both of them. If I were you, I would be glad that I didn't get even more involved with either of them! They sound like nut cases, both of them.

And finally, I do hope that you find others who will treat you well and respect your time and the effort it take to make a long trip to find a place to live.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
A couple of things:

Why should I be ashamed because of this one person who was rude to you? This person does not represent my town! I don't even know her. She represented the property owner and that is all.

Also, don't you wonder about the property owner? This property owner shared information about your complaint with this person who is now sending you nasty emails?? Something is totally wrong with both of them. If I were you, I would be glad that I didn't get even more involved with either of them! They sound like nut cases, both of them.

And finally, I do hope that you find others who will treat you well and respect your time and the effort it take to make a long trip to find a place to live.

In a way she does kind of represent the town as she and others who are in that business speak to and communicate with tons of people outside of the MB area and those who are not in the know would take their ways as how others are. I know better myself but others might not.

Yes, property owner and realtors seem to share info a lot between each other and I have found with me.

I got one nasty email last night from her and she told me I hope I never get to MB because she will make sure our short stay is an unhappy one because I cost her a job. I sent this back. Nice threats. Dont know what that means but I will gladly forward it to your local police.

I replied by saying. "No lady, you are a lazy butt who should not be in any kind of customer service job."

Her next treat was to spread my name around to other PMs and realtors to make sure I dont rent a home.

She said I have done this for years and never an issue until you came along.

Liar. BBB shows different. Her name is also on another forum as doing the same to others. AG told me their are a few other complaints from this realty company filed so they will take a look. And your name pops up on rip off report for another little side business you had going and I found your name on county records of having your own issues with debt collectors, foreclosure and a bankruptcy.

Someone who has multiple issues such as a foreclosure, a bankruptcy, debt collectors suing and winning in Horry County tells me she had no business in the realty business at all. How can someone who cannot handle their own financial issues handle loans on homes and do financial work to see if someone can afford a home or not.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burr View Post
guess you told her, huh ? oh, by the way; welcome to the beach

Thank you!

I take no prisoners and wont allow someone to defend people who are total idiots and cost people money.

If I can save one family 1000s of dollars of wasted money going to MB looking for a home only to find out these lousy PMs are no shows then I would be happy.

I actually should be filing a lawsuit to recover my expenses from those who did not show and made appointments. I have the emails and text messages saved. They all knew I was driving 700 miles to meet with them.

And no, I wont back down from making sure the rotten apples are exposed.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:15 PM

253 posts, read 470,547 times
Quote:

And no, I wont back down from making sure the rotten apples are exposed.
Just wondering -- how are you exposing the rotten apples to anyone here if no names have been mentioned?

Maybe your best bet is to try to calm down and move on...otherwise, I fear you might get an ulcer!

Old 12-29-2013, 05:34 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,674,543 times
Quote:
In a way she does kind of represent the town as she and others who are in that business speak to and communicate with tons of people outside of the MB area and those who are not in the know would take their ways as how others are. I know better myself but others might not.

Yes, property owner and realtors seem to share info a lot between each other and I have found with me.

I got one nasty email last night from her and she told me I hope I never get to MB because she will make sure our short stay is an unhappy one because I cost her a job. I sent this back. Nice threats. Dont know what that means but I will gladly forward it to your local police.

I replied by saying. "No lady, you are a lazy butt who should not be in any kind of customer service job."

Her next treat was to spread my name around to other PMs and realtors to make sure I dont rent a home.

She said I have done this for years and never an issue until you came along.

Liar. BBB shows different. Her name is also on another forum as doing the same to others. AG told me their are a few other complaints from this realty company filed so they will take a look. And your name pops up on rip off report for another little side business you had going and I found your name on county records of having your own issues with debt collectors, foreclosure and a bankruptcy.

Someone who has multiple issues such as a foreclosure, a bankruptcy, debt collectors suing and winning in Horry County tells me she had no business in the realty business at all. How can someone who cannot handle their own financial issues handle loans on homes and do financial work to see if someone can afford a home or not.
Huh? Who is the liar and who are you talking about with the side business and other issues? Whose name pops up? This person who is giving you problems?

Old 12-30-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbycasa View Post
Just wondering -- how are you exposing the rotten apples to anyone here if no names have been mentioned?

Maybe your best bet is to try to calm down and move on...otherwise, I fear you might get an ulcer!
I have exposed the rotten apple PMs in MB because the state attorney general, the board of realtors and the BBB are looking deeply into how PM conduct themselves.

I am not going to post names on an open forum like this. You should know better as it would be easy for someone to trace right to who I am and if I ruffled their feathers I can see them when I do move causing issues for me and my family.

Esp the nutcase who is leaving me VMs and emails that are going to be reported to Horry Co sheriffs soon.

Also, why I not nervous a bit, actually calm as heck knowing that one accomplishment might help others from being ripped off by these PMs who did not do their job.

Believe me they are well exposed as 1 has been fired completely and one owner of a property has removed the one from her listings of several homes she has in the MB area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area