Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2013, 05:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,783 times

Advertisements

Before you judge me hear me out please.

I have never been in trouble, am well known in the community, I volunteer for domestic violence victims, help the blind and do what I can to help others.

So here's my story ...

I injured my hand badly, am in a semi cast. I had some old insulated Wal Mart bags I thought I'd use because it would be easier to tote the items. I went in the store, grabbed items and placed them in the cart, mainly food items. I was pricing a few other items like kid's christmas gifts and a few table top grills. I placed the grocery items in the bags because they were rolling everywhere and with my hand, figured it be easier to control them. So among the food items, I had four non food items which I didn't want but was gonna go to the car to retrieve my Wal Mart card to see if I had enough funds to get something else.

I walked to the door to park the cart, I have a text message I saved to my mom stating "buggy will be parked at door while I go to car, check cart to see if those are the right kind of grills, etc but I'll be back in so wait for me. No sooner did I get a portion of the cart out the door, I was whisked away by security to the office.
(Now understand, I had cash on me, begged them to walk me to my car to get credit card, offered to pay for everything but nope, they wanted blood.)

I swear on my life, I had NO INTENTION of stealing anything, I had cash to pay and a credit card, they refused to allow me to pay. So the cop comes in, he arrest me but gives me a ticket with a court date, then the lady claims there was a prior incident with my car last month. Of course I was there, I go there weekly! I have receipts for each purchase and never stolen anything.

I'm scared and sad that one mistake has ruined my reputation and criminal record. They refused to allow me to my car, let me pay or look at the text messages showing I had no intent of stealing, just walking to my car then back in. I made a stupid mistake!

Can someone advise me please? I'm having surgery tomorrow and another next friday. I'm dirt poor but even in that I've never stolen, always kept my record clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 10:20 AM

460 posts, read 990,806 times
I can't think of a worse place to get legal advice, than the internet. You need an attorney. If you can't afford one, call the public defenders office. That's what they are there for.

Good luck.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:10 AM

505 posts, read 943,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muonic View Post
I can't think of a worse place to get legal advice, than the internet. You need an attorney. If you can't afford one, call the public defenders office. That's what they are there for.

Good luck.
yep, what he said.

Old 11-15-2013, 02:03 PM

34 posts, read 110,161 times
Where was your mom when you sent her the text?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area