Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 04:40 AM

22 posts, read 23,005 times

Advertisements

Morning All,

I just accepted a new job in Myrtle Beach and start on 03 June. Right now I'm looking at two different apartment complexes and was wondering if anybody knew any thing about them. These two were selected because of the ability get get a garage with the apartment so I can park my motorcycle inside and they both accept pets (we have a cat). The apartments we're looking at right now are:

Seaside Grove at Carolina Forest and Flintlake Apartments

I'll also consider others if anybody has recommendations.

Thanks in advance,
George
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 06:47 AM

790 posts, read 1,630,613 times
I don't know much about either complex other than Flintlake is located in the middle of a very nice neighborhood (Arrowhead). We lived in a rental house in Arrowhead when we first moved here and enjoyed our stay in that area until we built a house.

Here's a link to ratings on both apartments as well as some reviews. Keep in mind that no apartment complex will have a 100% rating because some people are never happy. But, it's a place to start. Apartments near 29579 - Apartment Ratings

You might also consider Palmetto Pointe Apartments. I've heard positive things about them.

Good luck with your move!

Old 05-08-2013, 04:46 PM

Thanks for the response CTyankee54/ I had looked at Palmetto before but didn't get the right one and was looking at Sumter. Based on your response I looked again and found the local one so now I have a third option.

George

Old 05-11-2013, 07:12 AM

8 posts, read 36,871 times
Have you checked into renters insurance? We will be renting an apartment in Pawleys Island (mainland) and our current insurance company (State Farm) won't provide us coverage because it is too close to the ocean. We thought that there wouldn't be a problem since it is west of Hwy 17. Everything I had read was that if you were east of 17, insurance costs were REALLY high. I didn't expect to have problems finding renters insurance. This was a hugh surprise.

If Pawleys Dude reads this, I would welcome some suggestions. I don't know if I can figure out how to send him a note directly. I'm really new at using this forum.

Thanks....Want Sunny Days

Old 05-20-2013, 11:02 AM

WantSunnyDays, sorry for the delay I hadn't been on the board lately busy getting ready to move. I haven't looked into the insurance just yet (I finally have the exact address so I can start now) but the Apartment folks said it wouldn't be a problem.

George
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area