Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2013, 10:10 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,701,638 times

Advertisements

I have visited Myrtle Beach several times and really like the area. I will be retiring in a few years and am scouting areas to settle down in.
Where can I find information about the cost of living for the Myrtle Beach area? Specifically items like the cost of utilities, home insurance with flood insurance, car insurance, etc. Trying to put a budget together.
I live in a big city right now and am looking for something with a slower pace, but I don't want constantly use my car so I have been thinking about the Market Commons area. Are there other areas that I should consider?
Any tips or hints will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 06:14 AM

1,124 posts, read 1,718,284 times
If you will look at the city_data page for myrtle beach ( not the forums, but the basic page) you will find some of what you want.
You can also do a search for " Myrtle Beach relocation information" and get good information.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:29 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,701,638 times
Thanks - those are great suggestions.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:06 AM

1,124 posts, read 1,718,284 times
Worked for us!

Old 10-09-2013, 12:12 PM

161 posts, read 237,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire in MB View Post
I have visited Myrtle Beach several times and really like the area. I will be retiring in a few years and am scouting areas to settle down in.
Where can I find information about the cost of living for the Myrtle Beach area? Specifically items like the cost of utilities, home insurance with flood insurance, car insurance, etc. Trying to put a budget together.
I live in a big city right now and am looking for something with a slower pace, but I don't want constantly use my car so I have been thinking about the Market Commons area. Are there other areas that I should consider?
Any tips or hints will be appreciated.
I've used two sites to get a good bit of basic information as were considering Myrtle Beach and the Cincinnati, Ohio area fro possible retirment. This site does some good comparisions of various cost factors.

There may be other sites which are better but it is a beginning. Also, if you know anyone who already lives there they could be a great resource. We're fortunate in that we have a number of friends who have retired there and I've never heard one of them complain.

For example, we know that my brother lives in the county next to Cincinnti, owns a small ranch home (1,276 SF) and were it not for a special assessment due to his age he would pay nearly $1,200 per year in property taxes. The same home in MB would be about probably less than $300.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Moving.com: Compare Two Cities

Last edited by Yac; 10-10-2013 at 06:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area