Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 08:40 AM

158 posts, read 345,583 times

Advertisements

We are planning a move to the area. Can anyone give me any help on the difference between Murrells Inlet (Prince Creek) or Pawleys Island (the Reserve or Reunion Hall)? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 08:26 AM

1,124 posts, read 1,717,446 times
Well we know about The Reserve, a little, anyway.
Its a nice community built around what is now a McConnell Golf owned course. We looked there when we were first investigating the area 4 years ago. I'm not sure what you want to know, but if golf is part of the factor list, The Reserve is strictly a golf club, so there are no other amenities like pools or tennis, and there is only a snack bar/pub for dining. We last heard that there is not evening dining unless they have a special event of some kind, but they do have special events on occasion. It not as active as other facilities in the area. The course is what our friends call a links style course with high rough and a more "wild" appearance than what most folks are used to.
From what I remember there were few if any children in the neighborhood when we visited, at least we didn't see any, and it would have been in the spring so vacations wasn't a factor.
We were looking to build, so I wasn't really focused on houses, but I can tell you that the houses seem nicely built and they are not tiny shoeboxes.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:35 PM

158 posts, read 345,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post
Well we know about The Reserve, a little, anyway.
Its a nice community built around what is now a McConnell Golf owned course. We looked there when we were first investigating the area 4 years ago. I'm not sure what you want to know, but if golf is part of the factor list, The Reserve is strictly a golf club, so there are no other amenities like pools or tennis, and there is only a snack bar/pub for dining. We last heard that there is not evening dining unless they have a special event of some kind, but they do have special events on occasion. It not as active as other facilities in the area. The course is what our friends call a links style course with high rough and a more "wild" appearance than what most folks are used to.
From what I remember there were few if any children in the neighborhood when we visited, at least we didn't see any, and it would have been in the spring so vacations wasn't a factor.
We were looking to build, so I wasn't really focused on houses, but I can tell you that the houses seem nicely built and they are not tiny shoeboxes.
Thank you so much for the information. What concerned us about the Reserve is that we understand you are pretty much forced into keeping big threatening trees near your home by the ARB.

We are returning soon to look at Reunion Hall and Highwoods in Prince Creek. If you have information on these communities, we would be grateful to hear it. Thanks again.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:29 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,893,204 times
Hi Southeastlady, What kind of information are you looking for?

Highwoods, in Murrells Inlet, is in a golf course community (TPC), but not located directly on the course (just in the Prince Creek community). They have a pool and tennis courts. On the market now are a mix of resales as well as new builds.

The Reserve, in Pawleys Island, is also a golf course community. It also is an ICW community with Intercoastal Water access. The Reserve also has Litchfield by the Sea beach access. The Reserve has some very grand homes.

It would all depend on what you are looking for. Just let us know exactly what information you are searching for and I am sure someone will be able to give you more details.

Good luck with your home search!

Old 11-21-2013, 12:21 PM

10 posts, read 23,978 times
Pawleys Island and Murrells Inlet have very different vibes. In Murrells Inlet, you're a good bit closer to Myrtle Beach and (down 707) Conway. This gives you easier access to grocery stores, malls, and the great restaurants on Business 17 in Murrells Inlet. Pawleys, on the other hand, is a bit more secluded, and they like it that way. You still have amazing restaurants and shops, but you're farther away from the larger chain stores (Walmart, Best Buy, Target, etc). Pawleys is a little bit of a world of its own, and that's the appeal. As neecewh said, The Reserve is directly on the Intracoastal Waterway, and across the highway from Litchfield Beach. If I had to choose between Prince Creek and the Reserve, I would go with the Reserve - my two cents

Old 01-13-2014, 07:07 PM

8 posts, read 34,955 times
Those "big, threatening trees" are a part of our landscape. If you don't like trees maybe you should consider Arizona or Montana.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:10 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeastlady View Post
Thank you so much for the information. What concerned us about the Reserve is that we understand you are pretty much forced into keeping big threatening trees near your home by the ARB.
No one makes you keep big, threatening trees near your home. Unhealthy, sickly trees are encouraged to be cut down.

What they do is keep developments from clear cutting the land.

Those 'big, threatening trees' will cut your AC bill by about 30% in the summer.

I'm sure there are plenty of clear cut subdivisions.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:16 PM

253 posts, read 470,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
No one makes you keep big, threatening trees near your home. Unhealthy, sickly trees are encouraged to be cut down.

What they do is keep developments from clear cutting the land.

Those 'big, threatening trees' will cut your AC bill by about 30% in the summer.

I'm sure there are plenty of clear cut subdivisions.
Sadly, blueherons, you are correct and I absolutely HATE those. People who don't like trees should move to Texas!. I cannot wait to get back and I refuse to move to a clear cut area.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:55 PM

328 posts, read 434,655 times
Both Pawleys and Murrells inlet give the me untouched feel for the Myrtle Beach area which I really enjoy.
Both are beautiful areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area