Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:13 AM

1,028 posts, read 3,085,281 times

Advertisements

If I had to pick two foods to eat the rest of my life, I guarantee that one of them would be Irish and the other Italian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 05:48 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,787,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvjd View Post
I love bagels. My wife is from Jersey, and I used to run a bagel place, and in Birmingham there are just no great bagel shops. We are moving there at some point (as you already know from all of the helpful tips you've given me), can you tell me more about the bagel shop? Do they have a good variety? Also, do you know of a proper bakery that sells bread, pastries, etc.? Thanks.
They have a variety and also sell, salads, sandwiches, breakfast and I believe muffins.

I haven't been to a bakery here. My neighbor bakes and sells her pies & cakes, so I get them from her. She makes the best cheesecake I've ever had in my life!

Last edited by Global Friend; 11-17-2007 at 05:12 PM..

Old 11-16-2007, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
The Bagel Factory will have what you're looking for.. Also, I might suggest Toffino's Italian Bakery on the 'former' Air Force base. Very good reputation with the locals..

Don't let the looks of the bldg fool you.
I heard Toffino's was good also. I was going to buy dough from there and make my own pizza. I'm 100% Italian but never liked Italian desserts, except for Tiramasu. Chocolate Chip cookies are my weekness.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvjd View Post
If I had to pick two foods to eat the rest of my life, I guarantee that one of them would be Irish and the other Italian.
Have you ever had Portuguese food? That and Italian are my favorite.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:50 AM

1,696 posts, read 8,880,278 times
For those willing to make the trip... there is a new Italian place that just opened up in Georgetown on Front St along the river called La Rocca, it's across from the old movie theater. Went there the other night & it was fantastic! I think the owner's name was Charlie and he came out & made sure everything was fine. He's from jersey & brought some of his families old recipes along with him. I had a veal & shrimp marsalla that was delicious and I tried a little manicotti that melted in my mouth. I may need to find a Jenny Craig soon.

Old 11-17-2007, 03:28 PM

Oh yeah, I love Portugese. I love all types of Spanish food too. Living in AL there are mostly Mexican restaurants, which are nice, but I also like Puerto Rican and Cuban food. Also big fans of Greek and Lebanese.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:18 PM

baylovers, I was just in Georgetown a few weeks ago. In fact I posted a pic. of me & my SO there in OT on the board. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try La Rocca next time. We had lunch on the water a small place with fresh fish but I can't remember the name. Off topic for one minute - did you ever go in that hugh three floor antique store there? Wow, I was going nuts in there. I'm getting a forth job just so I can shop there.

pvjd - you would love NJ & NY they have tons of places with all of those types of food and almost all of them are great!

Old 11-18-2007, 08:02 AM

My wife is from Jersey, so we are in the area at least once every year or two. We always get an XXlarge pie from Three Brothers from Italy out by the shore. That and White Castle. I think it is no different then Krystal but my wife insists it is different.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,062 times
I have never hear anything bad about Rossi's (until now) I am a local here and the best Italian restaurant by far is Villa Romana 7th Ave South MB.

I know the owners but I promise you I wouldn't give a good review unless I believed it was the best. The owners are originally from Rome and the food is fantastic. Prices are reasonable for the quality.

Carabbas? It's good but you can eat there in any town.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:46 PM

2 posts, read 3,451 times
Best Italian food Capricios 38th street NI-Lo shopping center and scaturo's near Kohl's on 544. I'm from NY and I know!!!
Best Italian bread...take and bakes...best pastry Landolfi's in Pawley's Island...its worth the trip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area