Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 01:23 AM

1,696 posts, read 8,877,837 times

Advertisements

While we are on the subject... has anyone found real NY pizza? The closest I have found is Anthony's on Glens Bay Road. Actually, we've had other dishes there and we were quite pleased. It is not fancy by any means but I would recommend it for the price.

A friend of mine had mentioned Nico's on Business 17 just north of Inlet Square Mall for good pizza & Italian food, too.

If you willing to make the trip to Litchfield, I would highly recommend Pasteria 811. Outstanding food, brick oven pizza and the salad is awesome with delicious marinated tomatoes (and I'm not a big salad person). It is behind Applewoods (which is a great place for breakfast BTW) and easy to miss. Has a pretty authentic Italian restaurant feel to it.

Sorry to hear Rossi's wasn't what you expected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 10:30 AM

882 posts, read 3,538,824 times
If you want NY style.. you're missing the boat if you don't hit Michael's Pizza & Pasta on 17 business and 17th Ave North.

Best pies in town.. hands down...

Old 11-08-2007, 03:29 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,782,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
Wow... hard to believe...

I hope you mentioned this to the Manager on Duty? After all, one can't correct what one doesn't know about..

Pricing is what it is.. I was referring to the food.
There was no point of mentioning it to the manager, it is what it is. They didn't make a mistake, that's just how they serve/cook their dishes. My SO couldn't eat his food and he never complains. I don't mind the prices if the food was good.

As far as pizza, so far we've tried five places. None were like NY pizza (not that I expect them to be) and two were also unedible. I've asked for suggestions and people tell me they like Olive Garden & Pizza Hut and I wouldn't eat at either. No biggie, I think I'll get some frozen dough from NJ and make my own!

I did find a decent bagel place. The owners are from Brooklyn and it's in the Piggly Wiggly shopping center at Carolina Forest.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:33 PM

Thumbs up Bagel Factory

You're talking about the bagel Factory.. Owners name is Rueben. He and his wife are great folks!

They also have a location, the original, which is on 17 @ 21st Ave N. in MB.

Get one of their Egg Salad sandwiches on either an egg roll or a croissant.
MMM MMM Good!

Old 11-08-2007, 09:40 PM

Been to the Bagel Factory and agree with you... pretty good.

Rapture, try Anthony's on Glens bay Rd. I think you'll like it.

Rrufast, I will give Michaels a try next time I'm up that way. Thanks for the tip.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:39 AM
jjj

168 posts, read 820,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Has anyone had dinner in Rossi's Italian Restaurant? I'm looking for a good place to go with some friends tonight, any suggestions? Thanks.
The best Italian in MB is at Villa Romanna on business 17 downtown MB. being from NY its one of the first Restaurants that we liked in MB. Its great !!

Old 11-09-2007, 04:22 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,782,179 times
Yes, the Bagel Factory!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I'll try them all! I have people coming to town over the next few weeks and I didn't know where to take them. Maybe I'll start another thread on restaurants and not just Italian.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:49 AM

1,028 posts, read 3,083,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
There was no point of mentioning it to the manager, it is what it is. They didn't make a mistake, that's just how they serve/cook their dishes. My SO couldn't eat his food and he never complains. I don't mind the prices if the food was good.

As far as pizza, so far we've tried five places. None were like NY pizza (not that I expect them to be) and two were also unedible. I've asked for suggestions and people tell me they like Olive Garden & Pizza Hut and I wouldn't eat at either. No biggie, I think I'll get some frozen dough from NJ and make my own!

I did find a decent bagel place. The owners are from Brooklyn and it's in the Piggly Wiggly shopping center at Carolina Forest.
I love bagels. My wife is from Jersey, and I used to run a bagel place, and in Birmingham there are just no great bagel shops. We are moving there at some point (as you already know from all of the helpful tips you've given me), can you tell me more about the bagel shop? Do they have a good variety? Also, do you know of a proper bakery that sells bread, pastries, etc.? Thanks.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:01 PM

The Bagel Factory will have what you're looking for.. Also, I might suggest Toffino's Italian Bakery on the 'former' Air Force base. Very good reputation with the locals..

Don't let the looks of the bldg fool you.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:46 AM

Toffino's has the traditional Italian pastries?? Can't seem to find the mini cannollis, sfogliatella and napoleons. I may make the trip up there for the holiday dinner.

I am an Irishman with an Italian stomach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area