Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2012, 10:00 AM

1,492 posts, read 3,647,976 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone!

It's been a while since I've posted here. Lots of things have been going on. Sadly in July, we lost my Mom who was 88. She was the reason we stayed here in NY because she was our families center. I'd made a trip back to her hometown in NC just the week before she passed and still feel the tug to come be by my family now even more.

So four more years is our deadline to move to Myrtle Beach-Surfside is where our heart is. We are here until our youngest graduates high school. I am on the fence if I want to stay on another 5 til I hit 55 to get my NYS retirement-but after this past year and seeing so many pass away early-I think I want to start anew and change life while I still have time to enjoy ourselves.

So we'll be making trips down to search more indepth where we are hoping for a home. Even though we've been there since 1999 every summer for 3 weeks at a shot, we will take a good long look at neighborhoods(Without HOA) that will appeal to us.

Just wanted to say hi and say I really missed my trip down this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 03:09 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,677,129 times
So sorry about your mom. Mine died about 7 years ago and my dad died a very long time ago when I was only 14. We moved here to SSB about 3 years ago and we love it here, but all of our remaining family live pretty far away and that distance is the only thing we don't like about living here. We really miss being within comfortable driving distance to family, but at the same time they do love coming here to visit us, so they come here more than we go there........

From what you said, it sounds like you have family in this area, so I can understand how you would want to move here as soon as you can.

I hope you find the home of your dreams. As they say, home is where the heart is and it sounds like your heart is here in SC.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:33 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,647,976 times
Thank you. All my family is in either NC or VA-my parents were the only ones to move north bound in the 50's for jobs here in NYS. I have a HUGE family that's all over both states. Lot easier for a 3-4 hour drive tops compared to 10+ hours it takes now. Love both states-but I prefer to be more south of the snow these days. We've been going to Pirateland campground since 1999. So we've gotten to know the area fairly well and Surfside Beach is where we prefer. We'll see what's available when we get looking in a few years.

I know exactly what I am wanting in a home and hope we have luck when we head down. I have two house to sell up here and then I can come enjoy a slower pace-maybe I'll even dispatch school bus there since that's what I do up here. Maybe by then I'll ready for the next level of being a supervisor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area