Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 04:48 AM

638 posts, read 995,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkershot99 View Post
Check out the Calabash NC area it is just north of Little River SC. Good luck!
If I were you,I would not check out Calabash. It is in North Carolina and believe me I know from experience that North Carolina is not retirement friendly. They tax you to death and eat up all your retirement money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,853 times
Question Lafayette Park, Little River

Can anyone give me info on the Lafayette Park community in Little River? We are thinking of buying there. How is the HOA and the atmosphere there?

Old 02-27-2014, 01:24 PM

108 posts, read 227,631 times
We've lived at Lafayette Park for 2 years now (as of December) and like it very much. The community is filled with mostly transplants from the northeast and everyone is very friendly. We joke that we have more friends now than we ever did back in Massachusetts. I believe the HOA fee is $55 per month which includes trash, common area landscaping, pool and tennis courts as well as maintenance of the berm that separates the back of each yard. We love the open floor plan of our newly built house and have been very satisfied with the quality of construction. We also like the easy access to all of the highways, being 10 minutes from restaurants and shops in North Myrtle Beach and 10 minutes or so to the beach. Send me a private message if I can answer any specific questions.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:24 AM

4 posts, read 7,226 times
If you stay west of highway 57 then wind & hail pool coverage isn't required. East of hwy 17 is tier 1 and west of 17 to hwy17 is tier 2. Both can get expensive. We moved to LR in 2001 and love the proximity to all MB has to offer without the traffic.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:52 AM

59,274 posts, read 27,446,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittKhatt View Post
Thank you everyone for the info....I appreciate it tremendously.......still a little weary of the hurricane and bug issue. lol.....to RB1234, I get what you are saying. I am leaving Hunterdon County, NJ which also is not a stereotypical NJ setting...I love it here and I hate to leave but the NJ property taxes are killing me....I live in a condo, have no property but pay 5,000 in property tax....that is because I DO live in Hunterdon County and you pay to live here...it is beautiful but expensive.......leaving here will be bitter sweet for me but I feel that while I still am able to make the move, I pretty much have to.......I am going to checkout Lafayette Park...I have been looking at homes in Little River which seems like somewhere I would like to be........any other suggestions or info, please post...thank you all again.
".still a little weary of the hurricane" MB has LESS hurricane activity then most eastern states.

When I checked it out I found that MB has less then MD.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:58 AM

59,274 posts, read 27,446,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lover of Animals View Post
If I were you,I would not check out Calabash. It is in North Carolina and believe me I know from experience that North Carolina is not retirement friendly. They tax you to death and eat up all your retirement money!
I disagree wholeheartedly.

Brunswick County was one of the fastest growing areas for years before the housing bubble burst.

This month it regained it's lead in the state of NC.

The vast majority of new residents are retired and come from the NE and Mid West.

When I was looking I compared SC and NC. For me Calabash, NC came out better.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:26 AM

124 posts, read 228,020 times
We are very happy living in Lafayette Park, Little River, SC which is right next to Calabash, NC where we also own a lot in Carolina Shores North HOA. We moved here a little over a year ago. I would highly recommend either one. The only reason we didn't build in CSN is because, although the lots are larger(1/2 acre), the community is still all septic. The county is looking to install sewer, but nothing will be finalized until the new fiscal year. I must say that taxes appear to be somewhat lower in SC, but I would not let that stop me, if you were considering Brunswick County, NC. It is also very lovely!

Old 04-21-2014, 02:15 PM

55 posts, read 96,902 times
We moved to Little River from Mass. about 8 months ago. No HOA's in our community. We love it here.
Only problem with bugs, was ants. But we had yard and house sprayed, and no more problem! We're close to highway, stores, and Cherry beach. Its a great place to live.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:35 AM

6 posts, read 10,106 times
Post HOA in Layfette Park

[quote=ghstrdr131;33647127]Can anyone give me info on the Lafayette Park community in Little River? We are thinking of buying there. How is the HOA? I heard they are really in debt and if so then it will end up going to the home owners..Also, I heard the HOA does nothing. Does the home owners get to see the financial statements and see how much money is in the HOA. With all the houses this should not happen unless a little dirty pool is happening. Hope someone will answer this soon. I am in an HOA and we don't have this problem. I would hate to make a big mistake!!! PLEASE SOME ONE REPLY ASAP....THANKS

Old 09-11-2014, 06:38 AM

108 posts, read 227,631 times
As I indicated in the response to your private message, the HOA continues to be managed by the developer and although they subsidize the HOA budget, once the remaining homes are sold, the income from those additional homes is expected to cover the HOA budget. The budget is reviewed in detail at the annual meeting with residents. The HOA covers common areas, pool, tennis courts and landscaping of berms between properties and trash pick up. They do a very good job. Although I gave you this information privately I did not want your post to go un-responded and give others the wrong impression about Lafayette Park. It is a beautiful neighborhood and we are very happy with our move here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area