Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 01:49 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,676,644 times

Advertisements

I have been looking for the best pet boarding place in our local area. This can be from Conway to Pawleys. I have used one for day care that I like but I don't like its boarding rules.
I have used the Benji's B&B and they are wonderful. However, last call at night would be between 6 and 7PM. Which would be ok if there was and outside area they could venture to, but there is not.
While having day care they are taken out to a nice area to play and have a good run time and that works very nicely.
I feel a last call at even 7PM, is way too early for my two small dogs.
We all love our dogs and want the best for them as they are part of our family. So suggestions are needed about a safe and friendly place. One with a late last call or an area they can get out to.
Also I have seen where if you use a different food there is a charge to put down your dogs personal brand. I think that is really not fair. Each and every dog has a food they are use to and should still have while their parents are away.
I'd like to know who you use. Who have you heard is good? We love our Lexi and Maddie and want to have them enjoy a stay and not be too stressed over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 02:01 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,674,170 times
Sit and Stay A While - 742-5427

Home

Rapture is the one who told me about this place after she interviewed about 4 or 5 other places. She is a huge dog lover like you and I.

Last edited by vrexy; 07-05-2012 at 02:26 PM..

Old 07-05-2012, 02:53 PM

I thought my hubby looked at that on a drive-by. Does it look better then we are seeing from the outside?
Are the overnight spaces nice for the dogs?

I found Benji's to be just perfect except for not having an overnight run area for the dogs.

As far as daycare I'd recommend them, really. I have such an issue with the overnight situation.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:23 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,674,170 times
I use them and feel very comfortable with them. It is not a drive-by place. You won't get a feel for it from looking at the outside of it. I posted a link to their website so that you could see pictures of the whole place and read about them, etc. Check out the link, give them a call, go visit them for an interview......

Old 07-05-2012, 04:55 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,782,179 times
For sure go to Sit & Stay Awhile. I always use them and have sent many people there and all people and dogs were happy. : )

Old 07-06-2012, 01:36 AM

882 posts, read 3,538,824 times
No matter WHERE you choose.. if the place has an "upcharge" or lack of willingness to feed your dog your OWN food that the dog is used to.. SKIP IT. Clearly, they don't care about the overall well being of the animal if this is the case.

I'm very, VERY fortunate that I have an AWESOME neighbor who will come over several times a day and not only FEED, but let our dogs out in the backyard to do what they do when/if we are out of town and unable to take them with us. This very rarely EVER happens, but it sure is nice to know that Kiki & Bella are not stressed, in their own beds, in their own home and with someone they "know" looking after them in our absence.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:31 PM

Your right rrufast. I agree with you totally. All dogs need to be kept on their daily food they are use to, and that should be a must.
I will try Sit and Stay when I need a place. Thank you Vrexy and Rapture...
My dogs have always stayed with one of my three girls when we had to travel out of town, but now they are up North and I am here in SC.
I have only been here less then a year and wouldn't want to ask my new neighbors. However, I do have friends that would help me in a bind for sure.
I like to plan ahead and Sit and Stay is nice and close to me. I'll go check them out soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area