Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 04:40 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,898,554 times

Advertisements

Sending family out to eat in the south end. They are looking for a nice place with good food. I was thinking of Bliss, Bistro 217 and Frank's. I haven't been to any of these places so I am hoping some of you will let me know what you think of them. Thanks in advance for any advise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 08:21 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,842,997 times
Ooh, somebody's up for a treat. No bad choices in the bunch. Am I too late to vote? For me, it would be Bistro 217, no brainer. IMO, they are the top restaurant in this area, although our budget prevents frequent visits. The kitchen is extremely creative and consistently good. Frank's has just never tripped my trigger. My takeaway has always been they are a little too much about the dining experience, and very much an incrowd place. Still, many, many folks live and die for Frank's, and the place is packed every night, so it's quite possible that I'm wrong. (But I doubt it. ) Can't really help you with Bliss. We've only eaten there once, at lunch. It was fine, but nothing that compelled me to return. Looking forward to a trip return after dinner.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:12 AM

312 posts, read 734,311 times
Where is Bistro 217...excited about trying somewhere new....Thanks!

Old 07-02-2012, 12:23 PM

Not too late to vote, PD, they aren't going until tomorrow. I will let them know you recommended Bistro 217. It does sound like they are in for a treat. I wish I was going with them (especially since the tab in on someone else ) As always, thanks so much.

loveagrey, Bistro 217 is on Ocean Hwy in Pawleys Island.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:53 PM

96 posts, read 221,060 times
Second the high marks for Bistro 217. IMHO not a great look from the road but wonderful once inside. A plus for the staff and very creative menu. Enjoy

Old 07-02-2012, 02:00 PM

Thanks Seabass!

Old 07-03-2012, 11:23 AM

312 posts, read 734,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
Not too late to vote, PD, they aren't going until tomorrow. I will let them know you recommended Bistro 217. It does sound like they are in for a treat. I wish I was going with them (especially since the tab in on someone else ) As always, thanks so much.

loveagrey, Bistro 217 is on Ocean Hwy in Pawleys Island.

Thanks alot!

Old 07-05-2012, 01:23 AM

882 posts, read 3,542,934 times
I didn't see it in the list of given choices.. but I'd go KFC... you know, fried chicken.. mashed taters.. corn on the cob..

In all seriousness.. I've never eaten at any of the three mentioned, but have friends that have eaten at them all and another friend who services the kitchens in at least two of those named...

Having said that... and with all I have heard, Frank's in like PD noted.. over ranked and over raved... Heard good things about Bliss and great things about Bistro 217.

Hopefully you report back on their choice and what their experience was..

Old 07-05-2012, 09:38 AM

We ended up being able to go with the group after all, but unfortunately we were not able to make reservations at any of the three places (Bistro, Bliss or Franks). It wasn't only those 3 though, my brother tried several other place and couldn't find anyone that could accommodate a party of 8 until he called New York Prime on 28th N. in Myrtle Beach. I know this is the busiest week of the year, but I had no idea it would be so difficult. Although I really wanted to try Bistro 217, I have to say NY Prime was absolutely fabulous. I should probably mention, for those who have never been there, this is not a place you go unless you have an extra thick wallet... ... or are going with someone who does.

For anyone who has never been there and may be interested in going I will give it quick little, unprofessional review. It isn't a large place, I don't even think they had 30 tables (but I wasn't counting so don't hold me to that). The evening we were there it was an all male waitstaff. Our servers was fantastic. He was extremely attentive, but in an unobtrusive way. Although it is an extremely "nice" place, it has an open kitchen and a comfy feel to it. We didn't find it overly stuffy and we felt very comfortable laughing and having a good time (I could be wrong though, that may have been the vodka martinis and constantly flowing wine that made us feel that way )

On to the food. Our table sampled four different appetizers - shrimp cocktail, baked shrimp, oysters Rockefeller, and crab. The crab was large chunks of jumbo lump served cold and naked but with a side of the best remoulade I have ever tasted. Although I didn't eat the oysters, all that did said they were delicious. Everyone at the table, except for me, had some sort of beef (either filet or NY Strip) for an entree. All are served Pittsburgh style. Although a few came cooked more than requested, all agreed they were very good. I had the whole lobster, which is picked table-side (thank goodness). Since I have never met a lobster I didn't like, of course it was wonderful. We ordered our sides family style - creamed spinach, asparagus, mushrooms, cheese mashed potato and french fried wedges - all were fabulous.

All and all an awesome evening was had by all. If you have deep pockets, I would certainly recommend it. If I ever win the lottery, I might just go back.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:21 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,032 posts, read 6,564,608 times
If you have deep pockets, I would certainly recommend it. If I ever win the lottery, I might just go back.

So, if you know, what was the price per person with all you had? More than $125 including tip?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area