Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 11:37 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,899,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
So, if you know, what was the price per person with all you had? More than $125 including tip?
Yes, it was over $200 per person. I think the bill for the 8 of us hovered around $2000 (including tip). We did all have cocktails and the table had two very pricey bottles of wine, so that jacked it up quite a bit. Also, a few had dessert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 12:51 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,844,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
...If I ever win the lottery, I might just go back.
And when you do, Neecie darlin', you'll need a much bigger table for all of us. Thanks for the report. I suspect it will be as close as I ever get to eatin' there.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:25 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,032 posts, read 6,566,266 times
Quote:
Yes, it was over $200 per person. I think the bill for the 8 of us hovered around $2000 (including tip). We did all have cocktails and the table had two very pricey bottles of wine, so that jacked it up quite a bit. Also, a few had dessert.
Ouch. I love fine dining, but I also like paying my bills. Thanks for the details. Glad you enjoyed it.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:25 PM

96 posts, read 221,135 times
Maybe they will have a special on restaurant.com 5 gets ya $500.
Glad to hear your had an enjoyable evening and a very fine meal

Old 07-06-2012, 01:22 AM

882 posts, read 3,543,413 times
Neeche..

Glad you enjoyed NYP.. I've been three different times, and none have been what I would call stellar experiences, but, then again, I'm not one for fine dining to begin with, so my views are most definitely skewed.

I've eaten at Morton's and Ruth's Chris.. and, IMO, Morton's is the best I've had. Again, not into the whole "fine dining" experience.. BUT.. when you win that lottery.. and you want to take tag a longs with you to either of the aforementioned.. give me a ring. LOL

Old 07-06-2012, 07:28 PM

214 posts, read 651,720 times
Quote:

All of your drinks and appetizers played a big part of why the bill was so high at NY Prime. With a non alcoholic drink and no appetizer you would be about $65-$80 a person to eat there if you just want to go out to eat dinner.

If you are out with a group I can understand all of the drinks, wine and appetizers but I wouldn't scare people away with the price because its really not that expensive of a place.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:15 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,899,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Dosent Know View Post
All of your drinks and appetizers played a big part of why the bill was so high at NY Prime. With a non alcoholic drink and no appetizer you would be about $65-$80 a person to eat there if you just want to go out to eat dinner.

If you are out with a group I can understand all of the drinks, wine and appetizers but I wouldn't scare people away with the price because its really not that expensive of a place.
Scotty, I am not trying to scare people away. The price I quoted was in response to Tmozer's question
Quote:
So, if you know, what was the price per person with all you had? More than $125 including tip?
so I was very careful to list all we had for that price. Also, the menu was in the link I originally posted so all could see exactly what it cost.

If you don't think that New York Prime is really that expensive, though, we obviously live in two different worlds. Although I live on a "Burger King" budget, I have been the grateful recipient of enough fine dining dinners to know that $33 - $59.50 for an entree that ONLY includes the protein is not what I would call reasonable. I wouldn't and couldn't spend that kind of money for a protein, so if I was paying, yes, I would be scared.

That being said, PD and rrufast, if I ever win the lottery I will hook you guys up. It may be awhile though. My ability to do basic math prevents me from playing all that often. I do feel it my duty as a resident of the state to contribute to the education fund on occasion though. So, if I get luck we all get lucky! Dinner is on me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area