Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 01:31 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,834,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
A lot of the people I meet think Fox News is real information...
Fox is to news what Facebook is to conversation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTyankee54 View Post
Actually, the observations I made at the polls as a poll worker were not unique to people who would watch Fox News.
Don't remind us. We democrats were the ones who nominated Greene back in 2010, remember? You're right, there is more than enough voter apathy for a heavy slathering on both parties. I was more disappointed than surprised that there will be a democratic run-off. Still, I gotta wonder if the party leadership's panties would have gotten in a wad so quickly if the results had been different and their favored child had come in first, rather than second. Of course, we'll never know...

In the interest of equal time, I was amazed at the votes that Bauer received. Given the slate of established local candidates, it's alarming that someone with his record who moved here just so he could run for this seat would even be considered. He has never had anything to offer other than name recognition and vicious attacks on his opponents, which I guess is about all a politician needs these days. Still, he would have been laughed out of his own district if he had tried to run against Gowdy, so he went looking for a constituency he could fool. Looks like he might have found it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 12:57 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,787,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTyankee54 View Post
Actually, the observations I made at the polls as a poll worker were not unique to people who would watch Fox News.
I'm sure. I was just using that as an example of the fact people watch cable news channels and than think they know whats going on when in fact the info. is bias. I don't watch any of those channels but tuned in enough to hear pundits twist the facts and the truth. I just wish people would educate themselves before forming an opinion and opening their mouth.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:13 AM

882 posts, read 3,539,950 times
This thread makes me wonder about a lot of you here now.. All this BLUE talk.... LOL

Old 06-26-2012, 08:18 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,894,967 times
Not sure I have ever been quite so happy to see a Repulican.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
This thread makes me wonder about a lot of you here now.. All this BLUE talk.... LOL
Yep, and we're all out voting early and often, before all those worrisome reds force them photo ID thingies on us.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:00 PM

Brittain concedes .... about dang time ... guess the voters voice was heard loud enough this time - I was gonna offer him my hearing aids if he didn't hear us good enough this time. 90% counted and 73% for Dr. Tinubu ... Gotta love it!

Old 06-27-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecewh View Post
Brittain concedes .... about dang time ... guess the voters voice was heard loud enough this time...
Ain't that the truth. 3:1 in Horry and 7:1 in Georgetown. Reckon it's ok to call this one a majority? Harpo Harpootlian has been strangely quiet this morning. Where is our party leadership now?

Also, sure was glad to see the other side figure out their candidates before it was too late.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:26 AM

882 posts, read 3,539,950 times
As a "red" I can't voice much satisfaction in the GOP choice of Tom Rice.. Talk about gagging a maggot... If HE is the best good ol' Horry County folks have to offer.. we're kinda screwed. I'd take speedy Andre Bauer ANY day over Rice.

And exactly WHO is Tinubu anyway? Until it was announced that she defeated Brittian, I had never even heard the name... Pretty sad, I know.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
I'd take speedy Andre Bauer ANY day over Rice.
Really? Frankly I wouldn't pick either one, but I am always puzzled by anyone endorsing Bauer.

Quote:
And exactly WHO is Tinubu anyway? Until it was announced that she defeated Brittian, I had never even heard the name... Pretty sad, I know.
I suspect there are a couple reasons for that. One, she wasn't the big boys' pick so with the exception of debates she wasn't going to get a lot of air time. Two, and this is just a guess , you probably weren't researching Democratic candidates. But, since you are unhappy with Tom Rice, Gloria Bromell Tinubu may be another option for you.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:32 PM

Interesting write up: NOBLE COLUMN: Gloria Bromell Tinubu – Real Change in the Pee Dee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area