Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 12:42 PM

44 posts, read 128,504 times

Advertisements

mkaz.. so there's hope yet! I can only hope to be so lucky!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 05:17 PM

62 posts, read 170,052 times
Hey Vrexy,

Awww, that Carolina chickadee is so cute. Nope, have not seen them here and I do miss those tiny birds. But the cardinals do make up for the lack of chickadees. I saw my very first cardinal in the Atlanta area. In NH my bird feeder had chickadees, blue jays, robins and lots of squirrels!

Old 06-29-2012, 05:20 AM

23 posts, read 83,420 times
Easiest way to keep palmetto bugs(the biggest and grossest bugs I have ever seen.We didn't have anything that big in NJ ) and all the other insects out of your home is to hire a exterminator to come in quarterly and spray the inside and outside of your home. They cost is minimal, maybe $50 per quarter and ours comes back for free if you need him between visits.

For me the do it yourself stuff was a waste. The chemical the exterminator uses is non-toxic to pets and children once it dries in a matter of minutes.

Bugs are just part of living in the South. Don't forget about termite prevention as well, if you plan on buying a house.

Good luck

Old 06-29-2012, 10:23 AM

62 posts, read 170,052 times
Do you have any recommendations for pest control companies?

Old 06-29-2012, 11:55 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,683,683 times
Default pest control co.

June ~ we use Lane's and have been very happy with them over the 3 years we've lived here. They will do both inside and outside spraying, but also have an outside only spray called perimeter spraying which is what we do because we don't want the chemicals sprayed inside our house. I have only seen about 4 or 5 bugs inside my house, including the garage, in the whole time we've lived here.

I'm not sure why anyone would choose to spray inside of their home when the perimeter spray achieves the exact same results.

I would think that other, established companies would be just as reliable and offer the same services, but this is the only one I have direct knowledge of.

Lane's employees are very friendly and they answer the phone right away!

I pay $55.00 per quarter for the perimeter spray. Well worth it! I really don't want anything that has more than 4 legs to be in my house!

Old 07-05-2012, 09:58 PM

7 posts, read 10,156 times
I have a Southern Aunt who told me that you can say something mean and then add "bless her/your heart and it is acceptable.
Oh my, that child is the spitting image of Rosie O'Donnell, bless her heart. ...See ???

Old 07-05-2012, 10:01 PM

202 posts, read 351,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brit2412 View Post
I have a Southern Aunt who told me that you can say something mean and then add "bless her/your heart and it is acceptable.
Oh my, that child is the spitting image of Rosie O'Donnell, bless her heart. ...See ???
Yep, that's how it works!

Old 07-06-2012, 06:57 AM

96 posts, read 221,090 times
I just think its great that everybody seems to wave hello to every passing car in residential areas.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:59 PM

44 posts, read 116,105 times
Thanks for all the feedback and great conversation!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area