Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 08:33 PM

8 posts, read 24,277 times

Advertisements

2201 N Ocean Blvd. My name is Brandon, 29 years old. Single, no kids. And moving to Myrtle Beach from Small town Tennessee. I have of course traveled all over the country with a job before I was laid off. Spent a year in South Carolina while working there... Anyways I'm somewhat familiar with the area. I am moving here without a job, (dumb? probably) but I have saved enough to live for up to 3 months till I find a job. Now none of that info really has anything to do with my question, I'm just giving some background since I'm new to this forum.

QUESTION

Craigslist claims to off 200 dollar a week, utilities paid, at a place called Beach View Apartments on 2201 N ocean Blvd. Now, I'm sure the place is ghetto as it gets, but starting my life over in a new place I don't expect much as I'm not a trust fund baby. The location of this place is what makes me think a bit... sure 200 a bucks a week isn't super cheap but it's by far not expensive... however THAT close to the ocean I'm concerned. I would expect to pay a couple grand or more to live across the road or right by it at the lease.

Anyone familiar with this place? I've done plenty of google searches and found one bad review about roaches.. lol eh.. they dont scare me. But haven't found much at all about the place other than it had a fire a little while ago. I would appreciate any info.

Even if it's to search elsewhere.. my price range to start out is no more than 800 dollars a month including utilities starting out. hopefully I'll upgrade later. That includes renting a room, roomates, tree house, whatever as long as I don't live in an area where I may have to learn gang signs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 02:07 PM

142 posts, read 363,658 times
That address is for the Paradise Resort and your not staying there for $200 a week.
It may be for someplace close by, across the street one of the old original motels, it is a nice area and at your age, you will like it

Gary

Old 06-04-2012, 05:23 PM

8 posts, read 24,277 times
Yea, Paradise Resort runs it, but I've only found 2 pics and it looks like an older 2 story hotel that was turned into an apartment. But yea, that price didn't seem right to me. I tried called the number and just got a VM.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:49 AM

$200 a week sounds right for these older places, they are paid for and they don;t have to keep them beautiful for the tourist class, lots of overseas students and working kids rent these places, eventually they will be torn down and a new high rise will take it's place.

Many of the old motesls/hotels were made into timeshare units by making back to back units into 1, these still exist, but most of the polder places were torn down and these high rises were built, too bad, because they changed the face of the beach and not for the better.

Gary

Old 06-06-2012, 11:06 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,880,669 times
Scam. I had the same thing happen to me (different listing). Craigslist "house for rent", called the number, left a vm and then had some weird text back as well as an email stating the owner was in Africa for work. You have to be extremely careful on Craigslist!!! I recommend going through a local rental company.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:31 AM

If your not sure it is a scam, you should not state such, there are many places across the street and a few blocks off the ocean front that have these types of rentals.

Yes, Craigslist, vrbo.com, E-bay and many others have problems with scammers, just be smart in your dealings and you won't get burned

Gary

Old 06-14-2012, 07:02 PM

1 posts, read 5,155 times
I'm looking to relocate also. I have seen a few ads other then for this place. I reply to ads and no one ever replies back. why do you post ads if you not going to reply back. i mean delete it if it has been rented. I think MB is just a run around. guess only way to find a place is to go there and find a place and call bout it.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:23 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,130,776 times
It's not so much a scam as it is a cheap motel room and those places attract the criminal element.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:14 PM

11 posts, read 25,944 times
Daytona Beach La Playa Hotel don't come here its nasty.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:15 PM

11 posts, read 25,944 times
criminal element reminder this is a lawless town. be very very careful here. I know I'm scared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area