Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 08:18 PM

11 posts, read 25,958 times

Advertisements

stevetou no no no don't move here, you will hate it the city is full of many slum lords. i'm here 3 months very unhappy trying to warn people, this is not a good way to live. try Charleston? or Fl? good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 05:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,843 times
Exclamation Beach View Apartments ... BEWARE!

Well, well, well..where do I start?

Beach View Apartment's correct address is 2200 N Ocean Blvd Myrtle Beach SC 29577-3226 https://www.city-data.com/forum/image...ies/oglvvd.gif and just so you know I currently reside there (here). It is a bit run down and the property managers do not always do what they say they're going to do and when they do, it is usually late..if ever. There are bugs, but they do spray monthly. The rooms vary in price from $150 (1 room, no kitchen) to $400 or more per week. The more you pay, the better your room is. Some rooms are remodeled and those of course cost more and you will not ever get into one. Some people pay more than others and some people get discounts or something, haven't quite figured that one out yet. I guess you can perform menial duties in exchange for lodging considerations. It sucks. Really does.

The property consists of multiple buildings on both sides of Ocean Blvd. Johnny and Carolyn manage the property and do the best they can it seems. Johnny talks to himself a lot https://www.city-data.com/forum/images/smilies/think.gif and curses loudly for anyone to hear, I think he's drunk most of the time. Other times, he's more pleasant and tries to be friendly which just comes off as flirtatious if you ask me. I've heard men and women complain about his unwanted advances and 'too close for comfort' mannerisms. They will evict you if you complain https://www.city-data.com/forum/images/smilies/tape.gif about anything, and believe you me, you will want to complain at some point. I promise you.

The biggest problem I have is with the people that are hired to do work around here. NO background checks, NO identification needed and damn near ANYONE https://www.city-data.com/forum/images/smilies/smack.gif can get a job here. Anyone could be in your room at any given time 'doing scheduled maintenance'. Stop by and see for yourself. I've seen DOZENS of different people working around here in the short time that I've been here. This place is in a constant state of remodel, which is good if you strive to see the positive. At least you can see they are trying. The floors are always dirty and I DARE you to take a look in any of the stairwells. At your own risk.

For the price and location, you can't beat it. There are other places around here that compare to Beach View Apts. but I'm not willing to roll the dice and possibly get any https://www.city-data.com/forum/image...es/shocked.gif worse. Stay here if you absolutely have to, save your money, move a few blocks inland for half the price. After a few months staying on the beach, you'll see that living a few blocks away is just fine.

I hope this reply/review helps! Please pass it on.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,760 times
First off... Carolyn the office clerk and Jonny the black property handyman, are as slack as they come. My family and myself moved to beachview apts from out of state to stay while our new home was being remodeled. They hire current tenants to help with repairs around the property only to dock costs off their rent... No background check first. Reminder mot people living here do so because they cannot rent elsewhere due to background checks. This place is extremly dingy and infested with scummy people and filthy atmosphere. Its basically like a trailor trash motel. A reported case of bedbugs was reported the first week of June 2012 at Beachview Apartments. Managers have yet to call in exterminators to spray down buildings or laundry room and it's now August 2012. A New mattress was not issued yet a old one was that came from the same pile the initial infected mattress was in, therefore all mattresses are at risk for infection of bugs. Mold is everywherere from in the dirty air vents down to the walls, shower and even the refridgerator! Nothing ever gets fixed yet the property managers still want to raise rent prices. Over fifty families are probably infested by now. All property is now distroyed but who pays For ruined property? Probablt us. Since property owners will not do anything please help!!!!

Old 08-27-2012, 01:04 AM

2 posts, read 3,399 times
Angry beachview apartments

I lived at beachview apartments with my family for 6 months, i did not like the way the apartments are and our rent was 200 dollars but went up in the summer to 250 and back to 200 in the winter, everytime i went outside or was out side on my balcony there were roaches everywhere, they do not bother to fix anything when you tell them it needs fixing, they allow other neighbors to harass neighbors, it is not family oriented at all, i would never live there again, plus the landlord is rude and does nothing about other tenants harassing you at all, and they do nothing when something happens to other peoples kids it is awlful and the rooms are horrible and they do not properlly cleaned either they are straight up nasty, i would not recommend this as a place to live for families or anyone, they do not properlly clean there pools either when drunks decide to throw up in the pool and they evict you for stupid stuff!!!!!!!!! My daughter had insects bites all over her body and it looked like bed bugs, you can not walk anywhere on that property without seeing roaches especially in the apartments it is disgusting

Old 08-27-2012, 01:08 AM

2 posts, read 3,399 times
the landlords have gotten worse and the stairwells are still dirty, my child had bites on her that i found out are bed bugs ew

Old 09-17-2012, 05:24 PM

Help

Old 09-17-2012, 05:26 PM

Slum lords everywhere this is not South Carolina, this is the slums of the Bahamas. I pray for a judge with justice as I fight to have my apt repaired. I'm slowly losing faith and will probably just move back to upstate SC. I love MB, but I can't seem to find a good landlord...oh well live and learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area