Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 09:43 PM

62 posts, read 170,052 times

Advertisements

As someone who is shag dancing twice a week in North Myrtle, I just have to comment about what I perceive to be harsh comments about shaggers on the thread. Yes, some can be cliquish, but not the entire shagging community, if by community you mean all shaggers and not just those in a particular housing development. Folks are drawn together because of a common interest whether it be golfing, motorcycles, dog lovers, cat lovers, Ohio State fans or shag dancing, to name a few. In my opinion that does not necessarily make them petty and unkind or cliquish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 05:47 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,714,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junepharm6 View Post
As someone who is shag dancing twice a week in North Myrtle, I just have to comment about what I perceive to be harsh comments about shaggers on the thread. Yes, some can be cliquish, but not the entire shagging community, if by community you mean all shaggers and not just those in a particular housing development. Folks are drawn together because of a common interest whether it be golfing, motorcycles, dog lovers, cat lovers, Ohio State fans or shag dancing, to name a few. In my opinion that does not necessarily make them petty and unkind or cliquish.
I love any type of dancing so no picking on shaggers by me.

That is a good point. People who have common interests do tend to become friends. Its nice to have someone who enjoys what you like.

I happen to love Cherry Grove in NMB and then I also like the southern end.

I do think for less traffic and a more calm area of living the southern end is perfect.

Personally I'd put up with a little traffic and "towel shops" to live here.
Yes, some areas are very tacky. But, the weather...the people...the amount of things to do...and the ocean are all a joy to me.

I cringe too when I see a new ( Whales type ) store rising up....Don't they know we have quite enough? But, I look beyond all of that for the enjoyment that is here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area