Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 02:35 PM

47 posts, read 113,738 times

Advertisements

Hello I am moving to SC in a few months but not exactly sure where. I want to be at least an hour away or closer to Coastal Carolina University. I am from a small town in mass. I am looking for a small town with horse fields and one single walmart . I want to go somewhere where everyone knows everyone and there are community events and get-togethers ect. I love country music and the country life style so I always felt like an outsider in mass. Is conway a small town??? any advice???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 03:27 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,542,575 times
Conway is the largest of the small towns near CCU. There are several that would tick your boxes.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:54 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
If your going to coastal Carolina then Conway is the town for you. You'll have a theater if you want one. Its nestled into the woods and has quite a number of theaters.inside Very cute location.
Conway,is a charming, fun town. They do hold festivals that your sure to enjoy. There are many tiny, but interesting shops. You will have your one Walmart and one Kmart and the like.
Your school will not be far at all and you won't even have to take that hours ride.
As far as farms go, Conway has the Historical Living Farm that is free to visit and shows the history of the area as far as farming goes. Tobacco, sugar, wood, wheat,potatoes are all exhibited in terms of the way things were.
Coastal Carolina is a beautiful college, we toured through there recently.
Best of luck to you. I'm sure the town of Conway will meet all your needs.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:45 PM

thank you soo much for the quick replies. Are there any horse farms in conway???

Old 04-22-2012, 08:41 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,542,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krconte View Post
thank you soo much for the quick replies. Are there any horse farms in conway???
I don't know, but I bet Google could tell you.......

Old 04-23-2012, 08:14 AM

142 posts, read 363,297 times
Yes there are horse farms in Conway, heck there are horse farms in Myrtle Beach, but it is a large (for the area) City and quite diverse.

From what you are asking for, where everyone knows everyone. less than an hour from CCU, small town and friendly I would suggest you look in Aynor, it gives you everything you asked for.

Gary

Old 04-23-2012, 09:04 AM

Aynor....I will def look into it!!!! Thank you so much.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krconte View Post
Actually there is an historic "living farm" that you can visit. They use horses to plow and do chores.
Horse farms are all over, right here in Myrtle Beach too.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Actually there is an historic "living farm" that you can visit. They use horses to plow and do chores.
Horse farms are all over, right here in Myrtle Beach too.
ill def check it out! sounds interesting. I am looking for a small hick town!!!! the cows, the church, the whole bit!!! so far i have looked into conway and aynor!!! any other suggestions??? near CCU?

Old 04-24-2012, 02:56 PM

If you want to save on gas during your college years its best if you stay in Conway.
However, another small town besides Conway and Aynor is Loris. Still in your timeframe of
where to be when you attend school.
What people find sometimes when they get too rural is that they long for some things to do.
You could look around you and see the cow and the horse but have nothing to do for entertainment.
As long as your ready to just live where there is not a ton to do, then look into Loris too.
Between those three towns you should find your match.
If you'd like to know the festival is coming, the pub is open, and you can get to a movie or store..
your choice should be Conway.
The other two towns more rural, but perhaps that is your wish. Happy hunting...
http://www.sciway.net/city/loris.html

Last edited by Summering; 04-24-2012 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: add
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area