Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 03:51 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,781,279 times

Advertisements

Conway is closest to CCU and has everything you mentioned. I live in Conway and suggest you contact Chamber of Commerce, they can send you some info. also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 04:09 PM

47 posts, read 113,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
If you want to save on gas during your college years its best if you stay in Conway.
However, another small town besides Conway and Aynor is Loris. Still in your timeframe of
where to be when you attend school.
What people find sometimes when they get too rural is that they long for some things to do.
You could look around you and see the cow and the horse but have nothing to do for entertainment.
As long as your ready to just live where there is not a ton to do, then look into Loris too.
Between those three towns you should find your match.
If you'd like to know the festival is coming, the pub is open, and you can get to a movie or store..
your choice should be Conway.
The other two towns more rural, but perhaps that is your wish. Happy hunting...
Loris, South Carolina SC

Thank you sooo much i really appreciate it! I will look at Loris now. I want that small town feeling Im visiting SC in a month and now i have a direction to go in. I can check out these three towns and hope to find my match. Thanks again.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Conway is closest to CCU and has everything you mentioned. I live in Conway and suggest you contact Chamber of Commerce, they can send you some info. also.
Thank you very much!!! Do you have any personal info about conway??

Old 04-24-2012, 05:32 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,673,708 times
Default Can't help you, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by krconte View Post
ill def check it out! sounds interesting. I am looking for a small hick town!!!! the cows, the church, the whole bit!!! so far i have looked into conway and aynor!!! any other suggestions??? near CCU?
I have no good advice for you about where to live near CCU, but you do sound like you would really like living in one of my favorite old time sit-coms and thanks for reminding me about it!

1966 opening theme to Green Acres tv show - YouTube

Old 04-24-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I have no good advice for you about where to live near CCU, but you do sound like you would really like living in one of my favorite old time sit-coms and thanks for reminding me about it!

1966 opening theme to Green Acres tv show - YouTube
that is funny lol. yea kinda looking for that. hope its not just a dream, that i actually find what im looking for ....

Old 04-25-2012, 09:01 AM

142 posts, read 363,507 times
I am guessing that because you mentioned being within an hour of CCU that others assume you are going to college as a student, if that is true and you are a freshmen, then you must live on campus unless you are from here and have been residing here previously for more than a year.

What was your reason for mentioning CCU are you going to be working there?

Gary

Old 04-26-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary2beach View Post
I am guessing that because you mentioned being within an hour of CCU that others assume you are going to college as a student, if that is true and you are a freshmen, then you must live on campus unless you are from here and have been residing here previously for more than a year.

What was your reason for mentioning CCU are you going to be working there?

Gary
My plan was to live in the area during the fall and work, then in the spring go to Coastal Carolina as a transfer student. I have around 22 credits now so i can even transfer there this fall but i dont want to overwhelm myself. Will this be an issue??? aww man i hope now

Old 04-26-2012, 04:54 AM

20 posts, read 80,616 times
I have a house @5 miles outside Conway City limits down (hwy378) ,It may work for you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area