Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 02:04 AM

1,512 posts, read 8,173,654 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry, but I enjoy bike week, minus the bad drivers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 08:40 AM

2,168 posts, read 3,139,957 times
Keep in mind that there are two (2) different bike weeks at the beach. While both are a lot of trouble when it comes to crowds and traffic, only one is known for it's extremely poor behavior.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:56 AM

312 posts, read 733,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
Keep in mind that there are two (2) different bike weeks at the beach. While both are a lot of trouble when it comes to crowds and traffic, only one is known for it's extremely poor behavior.

Really? WOW...how narrow minded can one person get? Completely two different type of bike weeks but I think as far as extremely poor behavior...one isn't any worse than the other....did you see the front page of the Sun News??? Bikers come in all shapes, sizes and colors....

Poor judgement, yes....but that is everyday down here....

Old 05-06-2012, 09:44 AM

214 posts, read 650,498 times
IMO the bike weeks are about the most interesting thing that goes on down here. With that said I have never even owned a motorcycle and probably never will. Its fun to drive up and down the beach and see all the different people, cars, bikes, outfits and just plain people watch.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:01 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,676,642 times
It cracks me up how people line up and sit in their golf carts along business 17 to watch the parade of motorcycles going up and down the streets. They seem to really enjoy it. Apparently, quite a few other people who aren't bikers also enjoy the bike weeks. I have never had a problem with any of them and don't personally know anyone who has. It doesn't last long enough to twist your panties over.

And for those who are only here for a one week vacation and then choose that week to visit and complain about the bikers - next time plan your vacation a little better! This has been going on for years and is quite well advertised.....so why don't you pick different week?

Old 05-07-2012, 10:03 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,687,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
I did hear this also. I heard some not very cool or respectful stories about happenings. Thats saying it mildly...

Vrexy, I think many don't know about bike weeks when they are planning a beach trip here....I had my parents go to
Daytona to the condo...not knowing it was bike week. I never heard the end of it...lol

Old 05-07-2012, 12:22 PM

8,255 posts, read 13,402,342 times
I thought the City of Myrtle Beach banned both bike weeks? I guess they revisted the economic impact. .which I imagine is significant given the fact that it apparently still going to occur?

Old 05-07-2012, 05:19 PM

8 posts, read 20,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
I thought the City of Myrtle Beach banned both bike weeks? I guess they revisted the economic impact. .which I imagine is significant given the fact that it apparently still going to occur?
The city passed several ordiences to discourage bikers, being as they couldnt ban bikers from all showing up at the same time. The most effective at repelling the bikers was a helmet law, which was the repealed by the state and hence the resurgence.

I do also believe the economic impact hit home when may businesses saw a decline in profit in a bikerless may.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:36 AM

178 posts, read 329,781 times
I live on the water near Surfside Pier, and I can tell you the the traffic/noise/bad behavior of the AB bike weekend rarely affects this area. However, from what I've read, the AB bikefest has now been expanded to 2 different weekends so IDK how it's going to be this year. The issues I have are with the Harley riders. The traffic and noise are unbearable, impossible to get around town, hard to sleep with the bikers screaming down Ocean Blvd till 3AM, then the early risers up at 7 doing it all over again. No matter, cause I'm heading out for 3 weeks so I will thankfully miss all of it this year!!

Old 05-10-2012, 10:11 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,553,668 times
We have been "in town" for several bike weeks. This year we will miss it all. I am happy about missing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area