Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 07:02 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KavH View Post
Wow Summering when we finally get to come down there I will message you and find out who you used!
Please do....I am 100% sure you will feel the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 02:17 PM

3 posts, read 5,801 times
Hi Summering, I would appreciate info on the Realtor you mention. We will be coming down in April in search of a Condor as a second home.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:40 PM

I felt exactly that way about all my realtors until I met a great realtor here.
I feel a realtor should put all their wants and needs away. It just doesn't work when they show you what "they want." Many a day I was taken to a Cape Cod type home and I had to say don't even take me in there please. I had expressed to the realtor it wasn't my style ahead of time.

I also feel a realtor should not "push" their client to go higher. Find something in the price they want to pay...or less. Higher is good for a realtor and not,most likely, for the buyer.

They should work diligently to get you to your goal of a home you personally desire.

Mix a good attitude of a buyer with a good attitude in a realtor, and its a winning match.

I don't know of a realtor who would want less of their commission perhaps the seller should have
taken 2,500 less. I onetime had a buyer who was 6,000 short of the appraisal. I wanted my house sold and I came down the 6,000...the sale went through smoothly.

Your realtor should have listings you think you'd like from one of the online sites. She should be able to tell you if it is a short sale and would take long, or a regular home sale. She should be able to tell you the good and bad points before you head there. I believe that someone may not get all their wishes, but the wish list should be accomplished at a high percentage.

Best of luck to you.....

Old 03-07-2012, 05:52 AM

20 posts, read 80,607 times
Summering, I think you missed the point. I am selling my house in Conway. The $2500. that I referred to would have closed the deal. I already went to absolute rock bottom on my price. Lastly when I called the Broker himself about the situation and told them to remove their sign, The Broker said he was unaware that his agent had lost this deal. So as I said , "Greed". If You can't waive $2500. when your commission is @$14,000. then you certainly are greedy. So the end result "was they got nothing" I had some flexability , so when it gets that close ,the Realtor better have some as well !!!!

Last edited by Global Friend; 03-07-2012 at 06:24 AM.. Reason: No company names are permitted.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:18 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times
D.L., I can understand your frustration because when I moved here I had a hard time getting a Realtor to even return my calls and I was a qualified buyer, ready to buy. When I did get a buyers agent she wasted my time showing me houses I would never consider buying so I fired her. That was over 5 years ago. When I moved here, I actually became a Realtor and have seen my share of other agents not doing their job, not returning calls, wrong info. on listings etc...but it's no different than any other job I've had. There's always good workers and bad workers and in this case the seller or buyer is the employer and when they hire a Realtor they should say what is expected of them. For example; some clients want a weekly update of their listing, others don't care and just want to be contacted when something actually happens. There's buyers that want the Realtor to plan everything and have houses all ready when they come to town and then there's buyers that want to be in charge and tell the Realtor what they want to see. There's much more than that, I'm just giving some examples. Also, I will say I've had more buyers lie to me and waste my time and money on gas then I can even count. On the seller side, more often than not people are unreasonable and just want what they want and don't understand it doesn't work that way. The house is worth what someone is willing to pay, not what number is pulled out of a hat or what a seller just decides they want. Two parties want to come out of it happy, not just one. I do see a lot of agents that are just "listers" where they go and list lots of houses but don't actually do anything but put the house on the MLS. This ticks me off because I think a seller deserves a lot more than that. Grant it most houses sell because of the MLS but I think they should at least do more marketing on the internet if not mailings and some other marketing. As far as what happened to you, there is more to the story but we are just hearing part of it. I'm not saying your Realtor wasn't in the wrong because I don't know the whole story. I have several times taken less than my orginal agreed upon commision to make a "deal" work but I also know that there's a lot of people out there that have no problem with Realtors working for free. Most Realtors I know do work a lot of the time for free but the perception is that they are greedy, it's just not true. That $14,000 was going to the sellers agent and not split with the buyers agency? So the total commision for the Realtors involved was actually $28,000? And then the commision to the Realtors company was what? What is the split the Realtor has with their company? What I'm getting at is, I have a feeling the total commision was $14,000. That's not your Realtors take home pay, right? If the total commision you were paying was $14,000, then it was split with the buyers agency, then what was left was split with the comapny, then the Realtor had fees and insurance to pay on it and then what's left the Realtor had to pay taxes out of it. So there's more to the story and maybe the $2500 wasn't even their decision because 3 other people are involved that have to ok it, 2 real estate companies and another Realtor. It's confusing and like I said, I don't know every detail and maybe you are right but I know there's more to the story.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:05 AM

62 posts, read 125,357 times
I was really happy with my realtor, he's lived here for many years and knows the area well. We're headed out to lunch with my family when I return.

The first realtor that I corresponded with wanted to know if the price I had sent to her was a down-payment LOL..when I explained to her it would be used every now & then, not permanant she never wrote back! greedy greedy greedy.

I think there is a lot of competition out there with realtors, and I can't blame them for wanting to get the most out of a deal but like summerings experience honesty & integrity prevailed. I've become friendly with my realtor. He hasn't given me a gift though!

LOVE LOVE LOVE my condo!

Can't wait to come back down & stay a while. Very soon.

yay.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:08 PM

And.......My realtor is taking us out to lunch again soon. I had been sick and missed our intended date. We were blessed to find her.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:38 AM

Good For you. I think I have a good one this time .

I have to say that the previous one in MB on 48th N attempted to scam me for money @1 1/2 weeks ago. Can you say REAL STUPID ???

Old 03-24-2012, 09:43 AM

I mean 38th

Old 03-24-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.L. View Post
Summering, I think you missed the point. I am selling my house in Conway. The $2500. that I referred to would have closed the deal. I already went to absolute rock bottom on my price. Lastly when I called the Broker himself about the situation and told them to remove their sign, The Broker said he was unaware that his agent had lost this deal. So as I said , "Greed". If You can't waive $2500. when your commission is @$14,000. then you certainly are greedy. So the end result "was they got nothing" I had some flexability , so when it gets that close ,the Realtor better have some as well !!!!
I agree with you. I just havn't come across one who would do that ever.
But, it certainly would be nice.
The most I ever got was a hundred dollar expense to reopen my moms septic as we were not told when the inspector was coming in time to open it.
Seems to me your realtor was quite stubborn and lost a tidy sum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area