Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2012, 07:37 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,659,872 times

Advertisements

I have never lived in an area of so many consignment shops. Let me say also that I never bought anything from one of these shops either. That is until I moved to the Surfside Beach area and they seemed to just "call my name."
Now we go in couples groups and make a day of it with lunch. Yes, it has become a fun filled
past time for one an all.
You can find just about anything your heart so desires and in quite good condition. If not a can of medium oak stain can turn a rattan chair into something smashing.
My only problem is I don't want to become a horder and I will soon run out of space. LOL
Still I need some pictures, a desk, and maybe a couple of chairs. Plus some odd and ends like sailboats, and fillers.
I have found chairs to refinish, a nice magazine holder, a painted wall table, lamps, a glass top table for the porch, and shades to make a string of lights on the porch.( among other things)
So I'll list our favorite places for you to visit so you can have a new hobby too.
I know I will leave some out, and then will have to add them on, but here is the ones we attend often.

Good Times~ on 13291 Ocean Hwy in Pawleys Island next to a Golf Shop for the guys.
Great furniture, Pictures, Mirrors, Dining sets...etc.
Black Awning Resale~ 4470 Homestown Rd. Socastee
Wonderful furniture, lamps, pictures, rugs, etc.
Twice as Nice ~ Dick Pond Rd. just over the swing bridge.
Furniture, clothes, pictures, books, jewelry, chairs, etc.
Consign at 5th ~ 450 Hwy 17 business
Painted furniture, beach designs, furniture, lamps, etc.
Now and Then Consignment and Antiques ~ Murrells Inlet~ Wonderful antiques, and great
consignment items.

These are my very favorite. But we have at least 30 or so consign shops in our general area.
It is also a great idea to put your own things at one of the shops. They like items in good condition. Be sure to read the rules on pick up if your item doesn't sell.
I have no interest in any of these stores except to enjoy them for shopping. You will find maps in the stores ( of other stores )so you can plan out a day and a route. A the least it is fun to visit just one to get the feel of what they are all about.
We do this with good friends, then have lunch and continue our search.
You will be surprised to see the quality things the stores have to offer. Sometimes though the fun is in the search, then later in the placement.
We just spent an enormous time in my "gathering room" with company. They told me it was "cottage cozy"...Many of the items on this porch were consignment items I redid. My goal was to make that room "cozy," so I think I happily reached that goal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 01:50 PM

Well I ventured into Good Times today to see what was new. The store is always changing. That is one thing you would notice about Consignment shops.
Now remember, these are not a thrift shop. People are really bringing some beautiful things into the store to sell.
Sometimes they are moving, or perhaps they have to sell their parents extra items, or they just don't have room.
I love that tables are sometimes painted and distressed.
There was a beautiful vanity there today, off white with an oval mirror and distressed.
I came home with some puzzles as we are running low, a nice yellow teapot and some CD's.
I am waiting to find a picture that moves my soul.
I did see one in the Owl Furniture store but it was a bit over budget. I'll think about it for a few days and see if my heart wants it anyhow. Its only a tad over, so it just might work.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:09 PM

62 posts, read 125,331 times
Thank you for putting together this list!!

Old 07-31-2012, 07:11 PM

wanttobewarm

If you go to the nearest one to your location here they carry a list of Myrtle Beach area consignment stores.
They seem to support one another, which I find commendable. There is phone numbers, addresses and a map on the back.
I would have to post a list of 30+ stores as they have popped up all over. I noticed a few more today even on my travels. I am amazed by how many are here.
You will come up with favorites. Some will have more of what you want then others. It all depends on what your looking for.
I have a few that I have come to know the owners ,and then my shopping becomes more personal with them. They are on the lookout for what I need.
I saw a lamp come in today that I know my friend would love. I will call tomorrow to see what the price is and if it is suitable I will put it away for Christmas. ( we both love these stores and don't mind secondhand)

Old 08-04-2012, 07:32 PM

New News! So we meandered into Murrells Inlet today and checked out "Queens".....There are two consignment stores right on route 17 next to Lees Produce Market. They called it "eclectic." However, I did find very nice pieces of furniture. Painted in blues, yellows, red and greens.....Lots of pictures, and chairs. Both of these stores are right next to each other. They are having an outdoor sale tomorrow. Whew, a bit too hot of a day for me I am thinking.

We also went into Nicoles which is next to the wildlife bird store with the flags outside and bird houses. on 17S. Going south it is on the right. Not into Pawleys yet. They are new but it looks like soon it will be a very nice store. Its going to be another good place to visit or even to drop off your own consignments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area