Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 09:03 AM

16 posts, read 41,639 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!
I have an exciting job opportunity and will be relocating within the next couple of months to North Myrtle Beach. We are a family of 4 (children age 3 & 8). We would like to rent for at least 1 year but would like to rent a home in a planned community that we can buy in down the road. We would like something that has community ammenities, pool, gym, etc...lake community would be wonderful, definitely need an area with families, but don't know if that is too much to ask for with our budget. We need to stay under $1500 for housing...Good school district is important but if absolutely necessary we can research private schools.
Any suggestions please don't hold back! Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 12:43 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella7321 View Post
Hello everyone!
I have an exciting job opportunity and will be relocating within the next couple of months to North Myrtle Beach. We are a family of 4 (children age 3 & 8). We would like to rent for at least 1 year but would like to rent a home in a planned community that we can buy in down the road. We would like something that has community ammenities, pool, gym, etc...lake community would be wonderful, definitely need an area with families, but don't know if that is too much to ask for with our budget. We need to stay under $1500 for housing...Good school district is important but if absolutely necessary we can research private schools.
Any suggestions please don't hold back! Thanks...
I would rethink the planned community. Many of the gated communities here are filled with retirees and second home owners and not a lot of kids.

If you want a planned community, take a look at Carolina Forest but it isn't in North Myrtle Beach.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:08 PM

790 posts, read 1,621,451 times
I agree with blueherons that Carolina Forest would be a good place to look...especially communities on the north end which would still be close to North Myrtle.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:18 PM

Thanks for the replies...after some more research Carolina Forest seems to be exactly what we are looking for. Does anyone have any insight as to which areas would be the most family friendly and offer rentals??

Old 07-05-2011, 04:36 PM

With the housing market right now, there are lots of rentals available just about anywhere in Carolina Forest and just about any neighborhood have lots of families. Here's a link to one rental company that you could start with. Carolina Forest Rental Properties The zip code for CF is 29579 and you would want to look at the houses closer to International Blvd as that's the end toward North Myrtle.

There are also lots of rentals listed on Craigslist.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:40 PM

Thanks for the info...I tried to do a search with the above link for rental homes but there were no 4 bedrooms available. I have been looking on craigs list and have found some nice homes. Would you know which communities are the closest to 17 that I should look into? Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 07-05-2011, 09:51 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella7321 View Post
Thanks for the info...I tried to do a search with the above link for rental homes but there were no 4 bedrooms available. I have been looking on craigs list and have found some nice homes. Would you know which communities are the closest to 17 that I should look into? Thanks in advance for your help!
You are looking for a newer four bedroom for under $1500 a month?

Old 07-06-2011, 08:41 AM

This house is near International Blvd and would be a good choice for location: 2 Story Home with 2 car garage (http://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/apa/2453509829.html - broken link)

The Farm is also on the north end of CF: 4BR 2.5BA in The Farm for rent to own! (http://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/apa/2448339812.html - broken link)

Don't know anything about this neighborhood and it's not in CF but is convenient to NMB: Large 4 Bedroom Home with a Bonus Room (http://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/apa/2452401957.html - broken link) You could call to find out more about amenities, etc.

If your job in in the north part of NMB, Little River might be an option for a place to live so here's a listing there as well. If you're job in in the south part of NMB, Little River might be a little far away. Homes for sale in Royal Estates Little River, South Carolina (http://www.nicolettirentals.com/Listing/ViewListingPhotos.aspx?ListingID=2317483&ShowCompa ct=false&Preview=false&new=false&LastTabIndex=-1&BackEmailID=-1&BackEmailTypeID=NONE - broken link)

Old 08-23-2011, 09:30 AM

Employment is in southern most part of North Myrtle Beach. I have been looking into Carolina Forest and do like it but it is all so new. Are there any areas around that have more of a neighborhood feel? With an actual town center? I am coming from Long Island and we have villages & towns that you can walk through, do shopping, grab a bite to eat. Anything like that? I like the idea of Market Commons. Does anyone know the demographics of that particular area & if there are lots of families.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:07 AM

Conway is probably the closest thing to what you're looking for (town center, etc) but the drive to the southern part of NMB would be 20-30 minutes depending on where in Conway you lived. Market Commons is the next best thing to Conway. We looked briefly at Market Commons but it was on the high side of what we wanted to spend. There seems to be a mixture of demographics from our drive throughs but I don't know the statistics. I scanned Craigslist for houses for rent in MC and saw only one ($1800/month). Some of the houses that indicate "near MC" require a car ride to get there. Everything else is apartments. So, you may not be able to find the housing that you want there.

The rest of the Grand Strand is mostly strip malls and residential...nothing like where you're coming from. Most of the smaller towns with town centers, etc. are inland and quite a drive from NMB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area