Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 6,708 times

Advertisements

my fiance and I have just moved to myrtle beach for work. we are coming from MA. we are getting to know the area--there seems like plenty to see and do, but in terms of population it seems like we are a bit in the minority. We are in our early thirties/late twenties with no children. any suggestions as to how to meet others in the community?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 04:21 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times
Here are some ideas:
Church
Join clubs
Introduce yourself to the neighbors, maybe invite a few over for a bbq or something.
New job? Probably can make friends there.
If you moved to a sub-division, a lot of the them have planned activities you can join in on.
Get a part time job in a restaurant - I met a lot friends over the years working in restaurants.

I moved here from NJ and most of the friends I've made here have been through my job, everyone is really friendly. Good luck to you!

Old 07-22-2007, 08:32 PM

882 posts, read 3,536,886 times
Not knowing your interests, it;s sort of hard helping identify a place to meet new folks... I'm the type who never meets a stranger, although I've met some pretty strange folks, and I always wind up chatting it up with people everywhere, the gas station, Costco, restaurants, etc...

Old 09-18-2007, 03:41 PM

4 posts, read 29,101 times
I'm pretty big into sports and have met a lot of friends through inline hockey leagues, softball leagues, flag football and just BS'ing with people at the gym. I have also met a lot of friends through previous jobs in restaurants.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 4,733 times
Default Just moved to MB also

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2mb View Post
my fiance and I have just moved to myrtle beach for work. we are coming from MA. we are getting to know the area--there seems like plenty to see and do, but in terms of population it seems like we are a bit in the minority. We are in our early thirties/late twenties with no children. any suggestions as to how to meet others in the community?

Hello, my partner and I just moved to the MB area also.. looking to get out and meet new people as well.. :0)

Old 01-26-2012, 08:59 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennic812 View Post
Hello, my partner and I just moved to the MB area also.. looking to get out and meet new people as well.. :0)
The OP is from 2007. Have you tried meetup? There are several groups on there you might be interested in.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:17 PM

15 posts, read 42,598 times
Hi there, bf and I just relocated to MB as well. In October 2011 we moved from Ohio. I don't work (applying for jobs has been the death of me!) and have only met people through his job so far. We are both 24, no kids! We are also looking for new people to hang out with. Send me a message if interested. <--- hah, sounds so lame. But what can ya do when you're in a new area?

Old 02-02-2012, 03:51 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britt2684 View Post
Hi there, bf and I just relocated to MB as well. In October 2011 we moved from Ohio. I don't work (applying for jobs has been the death of me!) and have only met people through his job so far. We are both 24, no kids! We are also looking for new people to hang out with. Send me a message if interested. <--- hah, sounds so lame. But what can ya do when you're in a new area?
Go to King Street Grille for superbowl Sunday and you'll meet a zillion people your age. Or the Boathouse to see a band.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:14 PM

15 posts, read 42,598 times
Yeah, we usually head up to Tavern in the Forest with his buddies Friday nights. We listen to bands every once in a while. Where are all the dive bars?! That's one of the things we miss the most about Cleveland. Gotta love the cheap drinks and friendly faces in the local joints.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:37 PM

882 posts, read 3,536,886 times
Stop by The Boathouse tonight.. 2-3-12. There is a great Country/Southern Rock band playing.. The Tyler Hammond Band. They don't have a cover charge and the food and drink prices can't be beat.

They have a facebook page if you are on facebook. Always a great crowd of folks there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area