Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 01:52 PM

15 posts, read 42,637 times

Advertisements

Ok great! Thanks for the reply. We will definitely check that out tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,599 times
I'm in my early thirties and new to the area as well. Where do you guys like to hangout? Let me know if you find any good places.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:52 PM

2 posts, read 2,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britt2684 View Post
Hi there, bf and I just relocated to MB as well. In October 2011 we moved from Ohio. I don't work (applying for jobs has been the death of me!) and have only met people through his job so far. We are both 24, no kids! We are also looking for new people to hang out with. Send me a message if interested. <--- hah, sounds so lame. But what can ya do when you're in a new area?

My boyfriend and I are also new to MB with no kids and have a hard time finding friends. I was also in the same boat with the job search, it's so frustrating I know, but finally just got a really good job so there is hope!

Old 05-21-2012, 08:27 AM

214 posts, read 649,813 times
If you are a couple in your late 20's early 30's and don't attend church and don't have children.......good luck lol

Old 05-21-2012, 10:30 AM

1,124 posts, read 1,717,177 times
Scotty!!! Surely by now you can do better than that!
There are a couple of local publications that you might check out for local events...seems they are directed more at your age group...the names escape me but you'll find them in the freebie rack at groceries and pharmacies and hotel lobbies in the area.
Meetup seems to be a really popular method here, and I saw it mentioned earlier.
If you like wine, you might look for some of the winetasting events; there is a place in NMB that has weekly tastings...

Old 05-22-2012, 07:25 AM

214 posts, read 649,813 times
We have been able to meet very few people our age that do not have children....or are very religious. The ones that we have met live down in the greater Charleston area and driving that distance to hang out just doesn't happen. Honestly its tough!

I should start a dual income/no kids get together group LOL

Old 05-22-2012, 06:30 PM

8 posts, read 20,787 times
It may be difficult to pick out the locals from the tourists this time of year, but over cooler months you should start seeing the same folks at all the local haunts.

Frequent the same places over and over again; gym, grocery store, bar, sandwhich shop...
... Just don't be affraid to say hi

Old 02-12-2015, 02:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,018 times
Smile I'm in need of making some new friends as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2mb View Post
my fiance and I have just moved to myrtle beach for work. we are coming from MA. we are getting to know the area--there seems like plenty to see and do, but in terms of population it seems like we are a bit in the minority. We are in our early thirties/late twenties with no children. any suggestions as to how to meet others in the community?

Hi there! My husband and I will be moving to the Myrtle Beach/Conway area by next summer at very latest. My hubby is a hard worker to provide for us am I am no longer able to work. Because I would normally meet friends through a workplace, I'll be a bit alone with no friends for the big move... So here I am. I know it must sound a bit lame.. But I don't want to be lonely. I enjoy going to Planet fitness, tanning, going to the beach, shopping and a variety of other things. I'm a little shy at first but after a short while begin to open right up! My husband and I are both in our early thirties and have no children. It's hard to find that these days... But I definitely don't discriminate! I would just love to make some friends ahead of the move!
This sounds silly, I know, but I'm looking for a woman to call a good friend.. Possibly even a best friend. Someone who is honest, caring and trustworthy.
Thanks!
Angela

Feel free to contact me on this site or email me at [email]Jolie.hern@gmail.com[/email].

We can always video chat as well!

Take care, God bless and hope to make some long lasting friendships!

Old 02-17-2015, 08:52 AM

75 posts, read 97,703 times
It was tought to meet folks at first when we came here in early Jan. But, since we both golf, we have come arcoss some very nice people. Some who we hang with and go to bars with from time to time. We both work from home and not being in the "corporate" world where you meet folks was hard at first. We are not shy and do get out a LOT so I guess we make it easier to meet friends.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:40 PM

1 posts, read 483 times
I just recently moved to myrtle beach with my son, we are from memphis tn and hernando,miss. i am the one wanting to make some new friends,i'm in my sixtiesand would like to meet new friends here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area