Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 11:49 AM

19 posts, read 106,040 times

Advertisements

I live just out side of the city limits of conway on 701 alot of people dont like it they say it has alot of traffic it is a two lane but im from just north of chicago so to me that isnt traffic but i think your husband is going to have a had time if he thinks two min is a long time to be at a light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 07:23 AM

31 posts, read 88,385 times
Fortunately, my husband has given in on a few things, one being the traffic situation. He will be getting a promotion w/in 6 months of the move that will require him to drive all over the MB area daily. For this reason, he has decided it is the one area he can make adjustments for. We are used to a "hurry, hurry" mentality and I think he is realizing that will need to change for him. He is more excited about the job potential than worried about commutes at this point. TG! 2 weeks until moving co arrives at my COLD,gray Ohio doorstep-still havent secured the "right" home but we may have a decision by tonight-been talking with 2 parties and are getting serious about 2 different homes......

Old 03-10-2011, 06:28 PM

11 days until the move. Movers will be here on the 17th and 18th to load- start our journey on the 21st bright and early in the morning. Took the information we were given to heart. We will be near Burning Ridge in the West Ridge subdivision-has an HOA so that lessens our concerns. Considered part of Carolina Forest from what I am told however, it is on the South side of 501 so a little less congestion(we hope). Carolina Forest schools for our son-commute shouldnt be too bad for hubby. In the end, we loved a home we found in Conway but found it a little too risky, crime wise and educationally, for us. Hope we made a good choice-may choose another area after we've been there a year but looking forward to the adventure.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:25 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,308,304 times
Just wanted to support you. There's so much to be positive about in your relocation -- especially to be able to go to the ocean. I hope you learn your way around the MB area to the quieter spots.

It's wonderful, in this one life we're given, to live near the ocean. I lived in Cinti, OH for 15+ years and I thank God to be back near the ocean (Charleston). Good luck.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:26 PM

And off we go! Movers have been here for 2 days packing and loading and the truck left today. We are headed out Sunday morning and will be in our new home by Sunday evening! Hubby is on his way back to Ohio to pick us up-he left Myrtle Beach this morning after checking things out and attending a regional meeting at Kingston Plantation. He found a house and we are ready to begin our new adventure. Looking forward to meeting you CTYankee- we owe you a nice meal when we get settled! Thanks so much to all!!!!

Old 03-18-2011, 05:38 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,705,126 times
This is so exciting!!! Please keep us posted.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:40 PM

790 posts, read 1,630,909 times
Glad we could be of help. We're looking forward to finally meeting you. Send me an email and let us know where you ended up renting a house.

Have a safe trip and good luck with the move itself.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:19 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,887,196 times
I have followed this thread for a while & have enjoyed the responses mom2riley has received. I hope your move goes smoothly & give us an update once you are settled in!

We'll be happy to provide more advice as you make your way around town!!

Old 03-22-2011, 05:41 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,341,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2riley View Post
And off we go! Movers have been here for 2 days packing and loading and the truck left today. We are headed out Sunday morning and will be in our new home by Sunday evening! Hubby is on his way back to Ohio to pick us up-he left Myrtle Beach this morning after checking things out and attending a regional meeting at Kingston Plantation. He found a house and we are ready to begin our new adventure. Looking forward to meeting you CTYankee- we owe you a nice meal when we get settled! Thanks so much to all!!!!

Hope you check in soon to let us know how everything went.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:01 PM

We are slowly settling in and LOVE IT already. We feel right at home. We decided on the West Ridge development and couldnt be happier with our decision. Love the convenience to everything-it takes us 10 minutes to get to the beach and 10 minutes to hubbys work in Conway. Son has started school at Ocean Bay and he LOVES it-made lots of friends right away and girls chasing him like crazy. We still have a TON to do- garage is filled to the top with boxes and we are slowly getting unpacked. Hoping to be completely settled in a month or so. My greatest thanks so everyone on the forum-I came into the area feeling as though I had some background info on it which made the transition much easier. As of now, there is nowhere else we would rather live. Will keep you updated as we work our way around. Looking for Easter activir=ties for our 6 yr old this weekend-if anyone knows of anything suitable-would love to know! Thanks so much guys!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area