Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 06:21 PM

31 posts, read 88,397 times

Advertisements

Update- they contacted today and are sending him back to conway location (can they send us back there when we havent even left ohio yet?) Anyway- relo packet should be approved this week and it looks like we are headed for Conway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 09:59 PM

540 posts, read 1,682,279 times
Gangs are everywhere, even in itty bitty towns like Loris, where I am now. If you are expecting the life down here to be the same as it was up there, let me save you the trouble from now and tell you it won't be. Some things you will like more (less taxes), some things far less (like the schools).

There are some VERY nice, upscale places in Carolina Forest that may be more to your liking. The one thing I noticed when we lived there, that is unless you are in one of the more upscale neighborhoods, lawns are itty bitty. CF is basically broken up into a ton of different subdivisions, all named differently, different themes (like The Farm), layouts, etc. I wish we still lived in CF, at least there were decent grocery stores there, unlike Loris

Old 02-17-2011, 06:48 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,705,507 times
I assume you want a house, but if an apartment would suit, there are lots of nice space above retail stores for rent in the Market Commons area. There are also houses in that area, but I'm not sure if they're just for purchase or if there are some rentals also.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:04 PM

We have looked into the Market Commons area-can't do an apartment,we are looking for a single family, but have occassionally seen single family homes pop up in the area for rent. We are still actively searching. My preference leans towards Murrells Inlet, Seaside areas but hubby doesnt care for the commute from there... I would prefer the St James, Socastee school districts myself via my research. BUT since we are homeschooling 2 of the kids, we could also do so w/our son....We did get our relocation package FINALLY approved on Friday(18th) so we have until the 18th of March to get ourselves moved. Luckily, hubbys company is footing the bill so all we have to do is find a location! We would prefer to stay South of 501 but we are keeping an open mind and still taking in ALL information we can get from those in the area. THANKS for helping us with the input- we hope to keep getting info until we have made a final decision.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:55 PM

Which areas are considered more upscale with larger lots in CF? We were contacted about a home near Conway Med center-opposite side of 501, not sure of subdivision name but backs up to burning Ridge golf...Good area???

Old 02-25-2011, 01:07 PM

Name of area is West Ridge-just found out....

Old 02-25-2011, 03:54 PM

790 posts, read 1,631,292 times
Here's an article from last summer regarding Westridge. DR Horton is a reputable national builder and does a nice job with their developments.

West Ridge subdivision building hope, homes - Business - TheSunNews.com (http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/07/03/1567601/building-hope-homes.html - broken link)

Here's the DR Horton link to Westridge although there's not a lot of information in the site.

West Ridge - D.R. Horton

I've been in the general area of this development. If it's in the Myrtle Trace/Burning Ridge area, it's nice. If it's in the Myrtle Grande area, the houses are pretty close. But, I think it's in the Myrtle Trace area.

You should be aware, this is going to be more than a 5 minute drive to your husband's job on the west side of Conway.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:36 PM

Thanks CTyankee! Great, great info. It is in the Burning Ridge area. I provided the homeowner with hubbys work address and they said it was roughly a 10 minute drive. I think he is beginning to cave a little on the commute thing. His promotion in a few months will have him driving all around the MB area so we have decided to explore all areas at this point. He realizes there are some things he will have to give in on. Will be making a final decision on a home by Friday(4th) Move date scheduled for the 18th.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:07 AM

Anyone know anything about Fox Horn, Forestbrook area? Amenities (pool, etc) Lot sizes? Safe area?

Old 02-28-2011, 10:23 AM

790 posts, read 1,631,292 times
Here's a link to a description of Fox Horn along with pictures of houses for sale in the community.
Fox Horn | Myrtle Beach Real Estate | Myrtle Beach Homes

My wife and I drove through the community this weekend looking for potential place to build a house. The lots are about .25 to .3 acre which is pretty standard for MB. Houses are nicely spaced but if you are looking for lots of room, this (and most MB housing developments) would not work. But, I've seen developments with houses much closer together than this one.

The community is in a safe area. It has a pool...not huge but nice size for the community. It has several ponds interspersed within the houses. No tennis courts or clubhouse, etc. It's very convenient to the mall and grocery stores, banks, airport, etc. Very middle-class.

It would be at least a 20 minute drive to your husband's job in Conway...more if traffic is heavy.

If they had lots available to build on, we would consider this as a potential community in which to build/live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area