Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 12:05 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times

Advertisements

I hate cooking with dull knives and I hate cutting with dull scissors. When I moved here last year, I found a wonderful sharpening place, but they have since gone out of business. Can anyone suggest a place that I could get my knives and scissors sharpened? Preferably the south area of MB, but at this point (pun intended) I'm getting desperate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 03:57 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,001 times
Vrexy, I didn't know there were places that actually do that! I always just said "honey can ya do me a favor" and whaa laa ... sharp knives

Although it isn't as good as a personal recommendation, I did a google search and found a place in Murrells Inlet called Sharperedge and their Merchant Circle ad says that they do that. Hopefully that isn't the place that is no longer in business because I couldn't find much else. If it is you could always add them to my honey-do-list.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:31 PM

Thanks, but unfortunately, that Sharperedge place is the one that is out of business. It was perfect because the guy, who is really nice, lives a couple blocks away right here in Surfside and would just come over to my house and pick them up or I would stop by his house and drop them off. When I called him the other day he told me he was no longer doing it. (I was tempted to beg, but restrained myself!) I have multiple tools/instruments for knife sharpening, but I am horrible at doing it and finally gave up trying. My husband would be even worse at it than I am.

So anyway, please add me to that honey-do-list, if he won't mind. I'll give you a call sometime soon.

Thanks!

Old 07-07-2010, 04:39 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,001 times
Hubby said he doesn't mind at all

Old 07-07-2010, 04:52 PM

Great! Thanks! And now, let's switch back to facebook! Tell your little cutie pies that the turtles are wanting to meet them!

Old 07-08-2010, 08:02 PM

61 posts, read 213,652 times
I can help you out! My father and I own a sharpening business and are in the Surfside area! You can check our website at R&R Edge and we would be more than happy to pick up and sharpen your knives! We work with some of the restaurants in the area, and would be more than happy to help!

Old 07-09-2010, 04:41 AM

Great! Thanks! neecewh - tell hubby he's off the hook!

Old 07-14-2010, 02:06 PM

Default Perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randredge View Post
I can help you out! My father and I own a sharpening business and are in the Surfside area! You can check our website at R&R Edge and we would be more than happy to pick up and sharpen your knives! We work with some of the restaurants in the area, and would be more than happy to help!
I took a chance and used this place. It was perfect! They picked up my knives and scissors yesterday evening and brought them back a little while ago. They did a great job and the price was very reasonable. Highly recommend to anyone looking for sharpening services!

Old 07-15-2010, 01:43 AM

882 posts, read 3,536,886 times
vrexy-
Thanks for the positive note! Work in a local restaurant and we need our knives sharpened in a desperate way...

On a side note - to the owner of R&R- is it worth sharpening a cheaper set of knives? The wife bought a set of Kitchenaide knives a couple years ago and they are in need of either replacement with a better set or sharpening.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:23 AM

61 posts, read 213,652 times
rrufast,

It depends on the knife as if it can be resharpened, 9 out of 10 times, it can be resharpened! But here is what the catch is, if it is a cheaper knife made out of cheaper steel it may not hold the edge as long as another knife would! What I would suggest is to get something like some Forschner knives! They aren't expensive at all and are made by the same people that make real Swiss Army knives! When you do a lot of cutting you are looking at more durability of the edge more than anything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area