Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 02:28 AM

61 posts, read 213,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I took a chance and used this place. It was perfect! They picked up my knives and scissors yesterday evening and brought them back a little while ago. They did a great job and the price was very reasonable. Highly recommend to anyone looking for sharpening services!
Thanks for the recommendation! We were happy to help you out! I sharpened your scissors and my father sharpened the knives! Just let me know if the scissors cut ok, I had some problems with one pair of them and I want to make sure they both cut ok! If you have any problems with them just let us know and we will take care of them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 05:16 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,001 times
Default My favorite knives

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
vrexy-
Thanks for the positive note! Work in a local restaurant and we need our knives sharpened in a desperate way...

On a side note - to the owner of R&R- is it worth sharpening a cheaper set of knives? The wife bought a set of Kitchenaide knives a couple years ago and they are in need of either replacement with a better set or sharpening.
rrufast - If I were you, I would go ahead and sharpen the cheaper knives (I had them sharpen 6 knives and 2 pairs of scissors and it was only $30.00 for all of that!) Then in the meanwhile, start buying one really good knife at a time, until you have a set of what you want. My personal favorite is:
Henckels Knives & Henckels Steak Knives | Williams-Sonoma I love the look and the feel of these and they hold an edge very well. Best knives I have ever used. Expensive, but well worth it!

Old 07-15-2010, 08:57 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,893,045 times
rrufast,
If you are going to replace your knives I would highly recommend the WEBstaurant Store online. We used them all the time when we had a catering business. They have good quality products and GREAT prices (and the delivery time is always speedy). They do carry the Forschner knives that randredge was speaking of.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:36 PM

882 posts, read 3,537,892 times
Thanks for the heads up everyone. Not exactly sure what I'm going to do at this point, but need to do something.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:28 PM

If anyone needs their knives or scissors sharpened, I will be @ Sewing in the Carolina's for their Christmas in July sale tomorrow and Saturday! The store is located across 501 from the old Waccamaw Pottery store, right beside Ron Jon's! I will be there sharpening on site from 9-5 both days!

Old 08-17-2010, 01:52 AM

We will be at Quilters Cottage 9/18 all day during their regular business hours! They are having a sale, and we will be on site to sharpen your fabric scissors! Come on out, and we will be glad to sharpen your scissors or shears! If you aren't familiar, Quilters Cottage is in Garden City right beside St. Michaels Catholic Church on Highway 17 Business in the church "plaza."

Old 12-03-2010, 01:26 AM

If anyone needs something sharpened, we have drop off boxes at Quilters Cottage in Garden City and at Alma's in Conway, and soon at Williams Sonoma at the Market Common! Just PM me if you have anything that needs sharpened and we can help you out! I make regular stops at salons, barber shops, and restaurants in Myrtle Beach, just let me know and I can pick up whatever is dull!

Old 12-06-2010, 10:32 AM

3 posts, read 9,662 times
EHubble Professional Knife Sharpener Knives Sharpened Shipped Back In 1 Week Chef Chefs Knife Sharpener Sharpening will sharpen any knife, blade, scissors - 42 Years of experience in the food biz and honest and fast. Mail to them and they get them back in less than a week! Doesn't matter what part of the country you're in, either.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 4,064 times
randredge,
Are you still sharpening scissors? If so, where are you located? Can't seem to find your webpage. I live in Florence and need 3 pair of scissors sharpened. A Buttonhole pair, a pair of Singer shears - about 6" and a small size regular pair. Can't seem to find anything around here but willing to drive to you and wait for them if possible.
thank you

Old 01-29-2012, 06:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,843 times
I just started sharpening on the side a few months back.Knives,garden tools,household scissors.No salon shears as of yet.

I do pest control full time and travel the strand extensively Monday-Friday.I do free pick up and delivery,and have references available if wanted,please pm if I can be of service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area