Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2018, 05:14 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
There is simply too much CGI for my tastes.

How is the movie doing box office wise? Theater employee said that Black Panther did a lot better?
Infinity already broke a $1 billion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 05:17 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,099 times
I can't recall hardly any emphasis on feminine curves in this movie. The first one had some nice shots of the Black Widow's backside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
If she shows up in this, who cares.

Old 05-12-2018, 08:04 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Infinity already broke a $1 billion.
Yeah, Infinity War has topped Black Panther in box office success in all categories, which is saying a lot because Black Panther broke all kinds of records. Infinity War broke the record for fastest movie to reach $1 billion, and it is expected to break records in China, which will really push it past Black Panther (which did great almost everywhere else in the world with the exception of only mediocre success in China). If Infinity War does as well as they are predicting in China, it could be poised to be one of the highest grossing films ever.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:50 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Weekend Wrap Up

Infinity Wars now sits at #5 on biggest box office hits of all time (both international and domestic returns and unadjusted for inflation), with around $1.6 billion (Panther is at around $1.3 billion). However, Infinity Wars still trails Black Panther's U.S. domestic gross, around $548 million to $696 million.

Infinity Wars should pass $600 million by next weekend, but there are some potential stiff competition in Dead Pool 2 and the new Solo movies. It remains to be seen if Wars can beat Panther domestically.

Old 05-13-2018, 02:08 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,987,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Infinity Wars should pass $600 million by next weekend, but there are some potential stiff competition in Dead Pool 2 and the new Solo movies. It remains to be seen if Wars can beat Panther domestically.
Are you talking about Solo, the new Star Wars? Are you kidding? With Panther at 696 million domestically, there's no way that a movie like Solo will even come close to Panther. It probably won't even make as much as Rogue One which is at 532 million domestically.

Old 05-13-2018, 02:14 PM

I've seen this movie twice already and really loved it. Although, the first time seeing it, I was slightly bored with the Guardians of the Galaxy characters, which I was never a fan of. However, the second time seeing it, I warmed up to them and their parts in the movie. Also, I warmed up to the new Spider-Man in Infinity Wars, and my favorite characters in the movie were Thor, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, and Vision.

Old 05-13-2018, 02:18 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Weekend Wrap Up

Infinity Wars now sits at #5 on biggest box office hits of all time (both international and domestic returns and unadjusted for inflation), with around $1.6 billion (Panther is at around $1.3 billion). However, Infinity Wars still trails Black Panther's U.S. domestic gross, around $548 million to $696 million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
Are you talking about Solo, the new Star Wars? Are you kidding? With Panther at 696 million domestically, there's no way that a movie like Solo will even come close to Panther. It probably won't even make as much as Rogue One which is at 532 million domestically.
Deadpool is the only thread to Infinity Wars. There are rumors of bad reviews about the Han Solo movie.

I feel like Infinity Wars will beat Black Panther. Deadpool fans might go see Infinity Wars and vice-versa.

Old 05-13-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Deadpool is the only thread to Infinity Wars. There are rumors of bad reviews about the Han Solo movie.
Yeah.... They could have at least got someone who looked like Harrison Ford. Also, I don't want to sound mean, but I'm not sure about Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian. Because back in the day, Billy Dee Williams was considered the black Clark Gable. Plus, even the name that George Lucas gave his character seemed to express charisma. However, I don't quite see that in Donald Glover, even though he does resemble him somewhat. But we'll see how the movie goes.

Quote:
I feel like Infinity Wars will beat Black Panther.
Well, of course it will because BP is trailing IW for the amount of days that both movies have been out... however, even though IW has been beating BP on a daily basis, BP has made more than IW on a daily basis in their 16th, 17th, and 18th day respectively:

MCU Top Openers

Quote:
Deadpool fans might go see Infinity Wars and vice-versa.
Probably, most likely since they're both Marvel character movies. Also, I don't think that I really realized that Deadpool made $363,070,709 domestically. However, I wanted to say that with IW, BP, and Ragnarok having came out last fall, my appetite for super hero movies has been kind of satisfied... therefore, I don't know if I'm really that interested in seeing the new Deadpool to be quite honest with you.

Old 05-13-2018, 02:51 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Weekend Wrap Up

I dunno why you'd call it "competition."

They all get my money.

Old 05-13-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I dunno why you'd call it "competition."

They all get my money.
Hey, Ralph. You're like Mikey from the cereal commercial.... you like everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies