Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 07:07 PM

559 posts, read 1,323,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuan View Post
It really makes a difference in the spring. Spring comes a month earlier in Marshall compared to Bemidji.
Like Kuan said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 10:06 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,574,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaysos View Post
Well, in the summer Duluth might as well be 1,000 miles away from southern Minnesota, you have the lake affect there, plus its way north. In my area of the state (not to far from the Iowa border) the AVERAGE high in July and August is 85F so we see quite a few 90s in June-August. The humidity can compare with that of the deep south during those months as well. This summer was a great exception and was way below normal I think we only saw 90's 5 or 6 times, it was indeed mostly in the 70's and 80's all summer. We hardly ever see highs in the 60's during the summer, maybe in Duluth. I do love the thunder storms that the heat and humidity bring though as long as there are no tornadoes.
Yeah, this summer was just a freak of nature pretty much. So many days with highs in the upper 50's and 60's. Not enough days in the 70's, and 80's were rare this summer. Very frustrating. I can't comment about the weather in extreme south Minnesota, but my sisters in the Cities said that this summer was definitely less than stellar there as well.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:49 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,861,436 times
Quote:
Wow! If your winter days are hotter than 90F with a dew point of 70, I would hate to see what your summer is like down there! I hope everyone has air conditioning down there so your not dying of heat stroke and gasping for air
I was thinking more of the cold July just past in MN- where it didn't get to 70 a lot of days!

Old 11-17-2009, 05:46 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomesickAussie View Post
I was thinking more of the cold July just past in MN- where it didn't get to 70 a lot of days!
Again, that was VERY unusual, generally in July it is in the upper 80's, low 90's and very humid.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Yeah, this year was crazy weather wise. We were in the 70's and 80's most of July in my neck of the woods, but I'm sure the further north you go the cooler it was. I'm not sure how the northern part of the state was, but they probably saw alot of 60's. September was actually warmer this year than July and this November is shaping up to be pretty decent average wise. We have seen many 50's and 60's so far in November. They say it all averages out in the end, hopefully this will continue and we will have a mild winter

Old 11-17-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post
Yeah, this summer was just a freak of nature pretty much. So many days with highs in the upper 50's and 60's. Not enough days in the 70's, and 80's were rare this summer. Very frustrating. I can't comment about the weather in extreme south Minnesota, but my sisters in the Cities said that this summer was definitely less than stellar there as well.
We saw mostly 70's and low 80's in the southern part of the state, but yes, it was below average all around. This year August and Sept. were actually warmer than July. I'm crossing my fingers for a mild winter to make up for it. It looks like were off to a good start.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:24 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,861,436 times
Quote:
Yeah, this year was crazy weather wise. We were in the 70's and 80's most of July in my neck of the woods, but I'm sure the further north you go the cooler it was. I'm not sure how the northern part of the state was, but they probably saw alot of 60's. September was actually warmer this year than July and this November is shaping up to be pretty decent average wise. We have seen many 50's and 60's so far in November. They say it all averages out in the end, hopefully this will continue and we will have a mild winter
Up Detroit Lakes way for a week. Then back to the 'warmth' of St Croix Valley. And finally to the real warmth of NQ.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Up Detroit Lakes way for a week. Then back to the 'warmth' of St Croix Valley. And finally to the real warmth of NQ.
Yeah, Detriot Lakes (probably a six hour dirve for me at lesat), even though I have never been there, would probably be quite a bit cooler than where I am. I'm actually just as close if not closer to the northern border of Missouri as I am to Detriot Lakes northward. Its pretty much like a whole different state up there. Very nice up north with the lakes and forest, but different weather and vegetation wise.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:43 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
Quote:
Yeah, Detriot Lakes (probably a six hour dirve for me at lesat), even though I have never been there, would probably be quite a bit cooler than where I am. I'm actually just as close if not closer to the northern border of Missouri as I am to Detriot Lakes northward. Its pretty much like a whole different state up there. Very nice up north with the lakes and forest, but different weather and vegetation wise.
6 hours from where you are gets you into Canada...

Old 11-18-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
6 hours from where you are gets you into Canada...
Actually, Im south of Owatonna now, not in Marshall anymore. Well between here and Chicago anyway. Long story
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota