Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2023, 04:06 PM

25,858 posts, read 16,571,990 times

Advertisements

The DFL decided that the farmer working in his field and the Native American on his horse waving to the farmer were offensive.

I cannot nor am I willing to try to get into their heads to see where their ideas come from.

But they are in charge so the flag get's changed to something that looks like a middle school student did.

And they are spending close to a billion dollars on a new office for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2023, 05:40 PM

323 posts, read 138,484 times
I like the new flag design because of the design, not because it triggers the reactionaries. That's just a nice bonus.

Old 12-31-2023, 03:36 PM

25,858 posts, read 16,571,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew in Minnesota View Post
I like the new flag design because of the design, not because it triggers the reactionaries. That's just a nice bonus.
Looks like something a 7 year old would draw with crayons.

Old 12-31-2023, 09:05 PM

323 posts, read 138,484 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
And they compulsively invent excuses to rationalize their irrational triggering!

Old 01-01-2024, 07:11 AM

341 posts, read 184,139 times
Quote:
The DFL decided that the farmer working in his field and the Native American on his horse waving to the farmer were offensive.

I cannot nor am I willing to try to get into their heads to see where their ideas come from.

But they are in charge so the flag get's changed to something that looks like a middle school student did.

And they are spending close to a billion dollars on a new office for themselves.

What's a "farmer" ?

Old 01-01-2024, 11:15 AM

542 posts, read 450,780 times
Quote:

I complete agree that you cannot understand. You need to understand US history.

Quote:
The best flag designs are exactly that. If you think of the iconic and best country/state flags are ones that can be drawn by a 7 year old using crayons.

I like the flag. My only complaint is that the star should have been 6 point vs. 8 point. It would reflect the snowflake and the star. I like the k shape representing the states general shape. I am pleased they got rid of the green. A good job that will be distinct and will beloved in years to come. I am also enjoying the lament of people not liking the flag. Their tears amuse me.

Old 01-01-2024, 11:17 AM

542 posts, read 450,780 times
Quote:
And they compulsively invent excuses to rationalize their irrational triggering!
I love the conservatives being irrationally triggered over a new state flag design...good point.

Old Today, 05:53 PM

12,068 posts, read 8,469,899 times
LOL, given that nothing we ever do these days is woke enough I think we should just have a flag that says, "Minnesota - the State where slavery has never been legal."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota