Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2023, 03:15 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

I just talked to someone here in Tucson, who just moved here from Minneapolis, and he said recreational marijuana was approved in MN 2 weeks ago? True?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2023, 07:52 AM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
currently

Old 05-21-2023, 02:12 PM

2,868 posts, read 1,148,260 times
Recreational pot is on the Gov's desk for signature; it's anticipated he will sign during the coming week.

Old 05-23-2023, 05:37 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
That dispensary in Stillwater will be doing a booming business as it's illegal in Wisconsin. Same with the dispensary in Duluth to cater to Superior or the one in Winona catering to those in La Crosse, and maybe the dispensary in Moorhead.

Methinks what's been holding it up in MN is lobbying dollars. Mayo Clinic for one. I grew up in Rochester and my imagination can't stretch far enough to see a dispensary in Rochester.

Old 05-24-2023, 10:33 PM

705 posts, read 504,502 times
Minnesota already allows like edibles. So there are places to buy that on the border towns along the red river. And I read that the law will allow the cities to regulate where recreational dispensaries can go. But if they already sell edibles, they can’t do anything. So I know that in East Grand Forks they are tryin to get places open before the governor signs, so the dispensaries won’t be zoned out of existence and they can be in better business locations. Really, recreational weed is a big nothing. I’ve seen what happened in California. Nothing changed. Those that partake of the Devils weed did it irregardless of its legality or not. It was decriminalized years before. Those that didn’t use, still didn’t use. But what did happen is those towns that allowed its sale thrived and had more tax dollars to make nice streets and brand new parks, pay for their fire and police. Those that thought it would cause “Reefer Madness” in churches and schools(it never happened) lost out on all the tax dollars that went to cities that accepted reality, that humans love to get high and drunk.

Old 05-27-2023, 06:18 AM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011KTM530 View Post
Minnesota already allows like edibles. So there are places to buy that on the border towns along the red river. And I read that the law will allow the cities to regulate where recreational dispensaries can go. But if they already sell edibles, they can’t do anything. So I know that in East Grand Forks they are tryin to get places open before the governor signs, so the dispensaries won’t be zoned out of existence and they can be in better business locations. Really, recreational weed is a big nothing. I’ve seen what happened in California. Nothing changed. Those that partake of the Devils weed did it irregardless of its legality or not. It was decriminalized years before. Those that didn’t use, still didn’t use. But what did happen is those towns that allowed its sale thrived and had more tax dollars to make nice streets and brand new parks, pay for their fire and police. Those that thought it would cause “Reefer Madness” in churches and schools(it never happened) lost out on all the tax dollars that went to cities that accepted reality, that humans love to get high and drunk.
Also it never eliminated the black market, it’s actually made it bigger. The government never does anything efficient. What I’ve read is the only people buying from dispensaries in CA and CO are tourists. One bonus from dispensaries is fentanyl not being present/product should be regulated. Bachman’s supplies the medical here in MN/imagine knowing the right people and how your business hits a gold mine!!

Old 05-27-2023, 05:42 PM

705 posts, read 504,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Also it never eliminated the black market, it’s actually made it bigger. The government never does anything efficient. What I’ve read is the only people buying from dispensaries in CA and CO are tourists. One bonus from dispensaries is fentanyl not being present/product should be regulated. Bachman’s supplies the medical here in MN/imagine knowing the right people and how your business hits a gold mine!!
You are correct. The black market weed(non taxed) is just like bootleg whiskey(moonshine). Moonshine was quite popular in ND from what all my old farmer neighbors tell me back in the 20’s, 30’s. And I didn’t know it was tourists driving legal sales in California, interesting and makes sense. I guess the only way to drive out of business the illegal sales is to lower the taxes on that stuff. Same way to end the power of the cartels and drug gangs, legalize all drugs and eliminate the money to be made. Because the War on Drugs has been an utter failure and costs billions of tax dollars annually. And it hasn’t put a dent in reality, humans love to get high and drunk.

Old 05-28-2023, 06:28 AM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011KTM530 View Post
You are correct. The black market weed(non taxed) is just like bootleg whiskey(moonshine). Moonshine was quite popular in ND from what all my old farmer neighbors tell me back in the 20’s, 30’s. And I didn’t know it was tourists driving legal sales in California, interesting and makes sense. I guess the only way to drive out of business the illegal sales is to lower the taxes on that stuff. Same way to end the power of the cartels and drug gangs, legalize all drugs and eliminate the money to be made. Because the War on Drugs has been an utter failure and costs billions of tax dollars annually. And it hasn’t put a dent in reality, humans love to get high and drunk.
I was listening to some older guy who everyone in emerald triangle refers to as weed god talk about how black market has skyrocketed once it became legal. The growers all prefer the black market also. It’s interesting to see farms for sale in northern CA on realtor app/website. Once it becomes legal each person is allowed to grow like 17 plants or something similar. A friend who stays at his Phoenix house during winters sent me a pic of his neighbor friend’s grow room, my buddy buys from him over a dispensary. People who partake already have someone who supplies, they don’t need dispensaries. Now you’ll see more and more people growing it at their homes.

Old 05-28-2023, 07:19 AM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
generally takes about 1.5-2 years from approval to recreational sales.

Old 05-29-2023, 09:29 AM

333 posts, read 180,999 times
One of the provisions in the bill allows for the THC delta-9 edibles that were previously only sold out of smoke shops to now be sold from liquor stores.

Big Pharma will see to it that cannabis dispensaries will start opening the day after the technicalities get worked out in less than a year, probably closer to six months.

Give the people what they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota