Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 04:47 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,078,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_circle decimal View Post
that would be inner mongolia.
I am familiar with that region too

Old 10-10-2020, 11:02 AM

49 posts, read 28,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I am familiar with that region too
do u just automatically pop up when someone says mongolia? i used to automatically pop up when people said applesauce. i have no idea why to this day.

but moving forward in this commentary, I may not move to morris afterall. I'm on the fence officially. It has nothing to do with a support system or no support system. It has to do with lack of amenities. I shouldn't let that stop me but it might stop me. Amenities in general are overrated. Its important for people not to depend so much on amenities and to make their own bread literally and metaphorically. But it might stop me because I could see how the morale of the town may be stuck in frustration. I also see that there is a real lack of diversity. I used to live in a town that was overflowing with immigrants and then I went overseas, not far from inner mongolia in fact. So it may be that I'm not gonna go there. I'm on the fence.

Old 10-10-2020, 01:33 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,716,900 times
If you really want to be close to the soil, I’d suggest one of these.

Welcome to Sod House on the Prairie

Old 10-11-2020, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
If you really want to be close to the soil, I’d suggest one of these.

Welcome to Sod House on the Prairie
why am i not surprised that a man called glenfield posted something or other about a sod house at 3:33. I was once told by a gypsy looking lady in siberia that if man with field in his name gave me advice I must never take it, unless the time of the advice was 3:33 and it could be verified by at least 3 other people, one of whom must be a native of mongol country. This is all shaping up just like she said. I need to go to sleep now

Old 10-11-2020, 10:06 AM

3,788 posts, read 5,335,473 times
How did you choose Morris, MN? Where do you live now?

I have been through Morris a few times. IF you have never been there, I can give some answers. If you have lived there in the past, then you know more about the town than I do.

Old 10-11-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
How did you choose Morris, MN? Where do you live now?

I have been through Morris a few times. IF you have never been there, I can give some answers. If you have lived there in the past, then you know more about the town than I do.
idk but I think I may not go afterall and hold out for other options. Lack of amenities seems to be more of a factor than i anticipated.

chapter 3 - lost at sea

I may be lost at sea for a while.

Old 10-12-2020, 05:48 AM

2,105 posts, read 4,603,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_circle decimal View Post
idk but I think I may not go afterall and hold out for other options. Lack of amenities seems to be more of a factor than i anticipated.

chapter 3 - lost at sea

I may be lost at sea for a while.
You should move to Duluth, a big lake, Lake Superior, plenty of places for solitude, nature and alone time, and beautiful. The chance to go to the Canal Park during a huge storm, the bigger and more fierce the storm, the higher the waves crash, the more it is a sight to see. Many spots to see, a lighting storm, thunder storm, mighty blizzard in Nov, and other winter months, the power of the wind and water. A lot of folks head out to see these events.

Old 10-12-2020, 06:27 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,716,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demtion35 View Post
You should move to Duluth, a big lake, Lake Superior, plenty of places for solitude, nature and alone time, and beautiful. The chance to go to the Canal Park during a huge storm, the bigger and more fierce the storm, the higher the waves crash, the more it is a sight to see. Many spots to see, a lighting storm, thunder storm, mighty blizzard in Nov, and other winter months, the power of the wind and water. A lot of folks head out to see these events.
But the soil’s kind of rocky.

Old 10-12-2020, 06:31 AM

2,105 posts, read 4,603,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
But the soil’s kind of rocky.
Well, there is that...

Old 10-12-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demtion35 View Post
yea that may not be a bad spot. I only came to southwest minnesota because it was easy to find housing, but I ended up staying because the droves of immigrants made it more fun. Its nice to be around people who are totally cut off from their background...I like to live that way too. I'm not here to continue in some family tradition of this or that. I'm here to stock my fridge with faygo and celebrate the bounties of existence when possible. I came to southwest minnesota because I had a dream. That dream was...well it was something or other.

Idk about that area as it turns out. I like places that are really random. I actually think SW MN is pretty good, but the sweet spot might be further north...somewhere that has a few less cornfields. Maybe not morris but somewhere around there...I think morris would be just fine if it weren't for the lack of amenities and by that I mean lack of walmart. I used to have mixed feelings about walmart but in these times its nice to have a place to go that you dont have to cover your face with a muzzle if you feel its a violation of life, or god, etc. If you're stuck going to a hometown shop they might bark at you because this or that health organization is going to shut off their lights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota