Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 12:33 PM

871 posts, read 1,088,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Whackjob Walz's goal is to be even more completely insane than Governor Goofy, and at this rate he'll have no problem..
Just out of curiosity, where do you see yourself fitting on the spectrum? I don't mean the political one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2019, 01:52 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Kavalier, you should be ashamed of yourself. All potholes should be left alone and anyone who advocates for street repairs is a big government tax and spend lib-tard.

Old 03-28-2019, 01:56 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
We are being taxed to our teeth...and the infrastructure is still deteriorating. Wombat Walz now wants more of our money? He's gutless.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:11 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
We are being taxed to our teeth...and the infrastructure is still deteriorating. Wombat Walz now wants more of our money? He's gutless.
I agree that all infrastructure should be kept maintained in tip-top shape and that Minnesotans shouldn’t have to pay a dime for it. Why doesn’t Canada pay for it?

Old 04-02-2019, 11:01 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,707,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Kavalier, you should be ashamed of yourself. All potholes should be left alone and anyone who advocates for street repairs is a big government tax and spend lib-tard.
Well, that's how things go here in the People's Republic of Minnesota. The Marxists demand wealth-distribution in the name of maintaining communal transportation roads. It's all very collectivist*.

*With the usual caveat that the effective definition of Marxism/communism/collectivism hinges entirely on whether or not the self-appointed identifiers of all-things-commie like or dislike a government program. If they don't, then that program is the embodiment of Lenin, Mao and Castro. But if they like it? Then it's all good.

Old 04-02-2019, 11:03 AM

Honestly getting back on a serious note, I don't think they should have fought so hard to have the Final Four here....they really should have fixed up the roads prior to advocating for it here.

They really are the worst I've ever seen them in my life, and it's a poor representation of the State.

Old 04-11-2019, 04:04 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Ex-Minnesotan (1950-1993) here and I'm now living in Tucson/Pima County, where the roads here have been rated the worst in the country. They call Tucson the Blue Island of the Southwest, the Liberal Capital.

On a Tucson forum, not unusual for someone to complain about the roads here, I jokingly said that Tucson is a futuristic city. Hint: Aren't we headed back to being a 3rd world country?

Thank God I don't use the roads much as I live in a Dream section of the city, where everything I could ever want is within a mile radius of my home, walking distance to Trader Joe's and a big grocery chain and 10 restaurants.

If I travel any further I now know which major streets have been paved recently, so I use them to navigate around. There's some inner city side streets where you all but need a Jeep to use them.

The liberal-ness of this city does give me a few laughs. They spend an inordinate amount of money on street art/sculptures/freeway art, and they spent multi-millions building a lavish bike lane that encircles the entire Tucson Valley. BTW, Tucson has earned a Platinum Award for Bike Friendliness, omnipresent bike lanes everywhere.

I recall a driving trip I made once in the state of Guerrero in Mexico, and out in the country, volunteers along the pot-holed streets with shovels would fill in the pot holes, and hold out their hats for tips from motorists. Not a bad idea, in today's world?

Old 04-11-2019, 10:22 AM

Did you guys see the picture of the recycling truck half in a pothole? That was fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota