Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 04:11 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Not sure it’s relevant but there are places in MN that sell CBD products, including a kiosk vendor on the first floor of the Mall of America. Obviously this isn’t prescription strength stuff but the products are touted for their medicinal effects.
Its iffy. The quality isn't well controlled. It may or may not help. And from what I have read, isn't something that helps quickly. If it helps, it takes weeks to start. I am not doubting it, but it isn't for all situations. And getting safe and reputable oils is also complicated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 09:42 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,129,801 times
My wife gets it if she wants it. You have to go to place across the street to the north of the machine shed restaurant in Woodbury/Lake Elmo. That doctor ok's or denies you. When ok'd you have to start with drops and then can get vape contraption soon after. She used to get it at a place on 94 and Cretin in St Paul in same building as Lake Monster Brewing.

8530 Eagle Point Blvd
Lake Elmo, MN 55042

Old 02-14-2019, 07:07 AM

540 posts, read 1,096,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post

It is nothing smokable, either pills or drops for under the tongue or oil (not sure what that is for...maybe to be rubbed into skin?).

It is quite a lot and not easy. I called around today and we might have to travel a couple hours for the certification, but there is a dispensary in our town. I am going to call tomorrow and talk to them.

Actually you can get vape pens. That is what the oil is for. What you can't get is actual "buds". It's all synthetic THC, whether in vape or pill form.

And you're right it is not easy. My stepson was going through cancer treatment at the Children's Hospital and we had to go above the doctor's head and have a director at the hospital sign off on the certification. And even then, they kept it locked in his room at all times and sometimes the nurses would not give him the pills. But they were willing to hand out 10-20 oxys per day, to the point that he was getting withdrawals after leaving the hospital.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:10 PM

2,105 posts, read 4,600,736 times
We wish you best, HighFlyingBird.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:09 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Everything has risks. Everything we eat, drink, smoke. You name it. Some things much more damaging too. Look at obesity amongst children these days. Sugar is much more harmful then cannabis. As are cigarettes & alcohol. Yet there bars on almost every city street corner.

Minnesota should take a good look at Portland, Henderson Nevada, Colorado Springs colorado. Large cities with many recreational dispensaries. The population has increased in those cities. But so has job growth. Cannabis brings in huge tax revenue. Tax money that could help curb the high taxes of Minnesota.

Yet I respect your opinion. That’s the great country we live in. I can’t be angry with you or anyone who opposes cannabis or anything else for that matter.

In the end we are all one.

Have a great day to all
Actually, Colo Spgs only has medical dispensaries. It does not allow recreational dispensaries within the city limits once the measure was passed at the state level, because municipalities were allowed to determine for themselves if they wanted to participate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota