Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 07:16 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabianhorselover View Post
Marriage was instituted by God. He set it up as a union between a man and a woman. I don't have a problem with "civil unions", but why do we need to call it marriage?
This is incorrect. God did not set up marriage. Marriage is defined by Man, has always been defined by Man and will always be defined by Man. And in each different culture, the definition has differences. In fact, as was pointed out in the debates today, marriage does not require any religion at all. Two atheists can get married. It happens all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 08:51 PM

1,704 posts, read 3,442,344 times
I was at the capitol today, right outside the Senate doors.
WOW what an incredible rush to be there when the vote happened, and what a proud day for Minnesota and the Midwest as a whole!

Old 05-14-2013, 12:39 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,383 times
This pretty much sums up America today:

Old 05-14-2013, 01:18 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,205 times
As if Tebow has anything at all to lose in comparison to Collins. I mean gee whiz, what possible truly negative repercussions could he face from admitting he's a Christian?

Old 05-14-2013, 01:34 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,125,579 times
Minneapolis celebrates with the lighting of the 35W bridge:

St. Paul celebrates too:

Old 05-14-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
This pretty much sums up America today:
I think the negative attitude towards Christians, especially Fundamentalists, stems from the fact that they are always hell bent on telling others how to live. It's the social imperative that makes people so distrustful of them.

They are completely hobbled by a Free society, but if they had their way, the World they really want is a variant of Sharia Law. I have no doubt about that at all.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
As if Tebow has anything at all to lose in comparison to Collins. I mean gee whiz, what possible truly negative repercussions could he face from admitting he's a Christian?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I think the negative attitude towards Christians, especially Fundamentalists, stems from the fact that they are always hell bent on telling others how to live. It's the social imperative that makes people so distrustful of them.

They are completely hobbled by a Free society, but if they had their way, the World they really want is a variant of Sharia Law. I have no doubt about that at all.
The Bible says what we are going through right now is to be expected, so it doesn't in the least challenge what "fundamentalist" Christians believe in, it only reinforces it.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
The Bible says what we are going through right now is to be expected, so it doesn't in the least challenge what "fundamentalist" Christians believe in, it only reinforces it.
Exactly. That's why a Free Society is so damned important. It prevents Mystics from forcing their ill will on others. The Founding Fathers were some pretty smart dudes!

Old 05-14-2013, 02:26 PM

120 posts, read 265,182 times
I've always found it interesting how people choose their battles when it comes to specific social issues, in regards to how their protests could be dangerous to their physical health. People aren't afraid of gay men and women. However, the amount of problems caused by recent immigrants from East Africa to Minneapolis, the fortune they've cost Minnesota taxpayers, the crimes they commit, the robberies, the religious demands they've insisted on in Mpls Public Schools and how that has disrupted the school system; the number of black men who exploit, abuse and victimize these young white girls who, for whatever reason let these predators move in with them, get them pregnant, these girls work full time while the guys are out all day having sex with many other girls and stealing this girls money, not to mention he has no intention of sticking around when this kid is born or paying child support (I know a MPD officer and this story is so common in Minneapolis that its a shock NOT to see a black male/white female pairing that doesn't look like this).

Point being that nobody would dare confront these men for the harm they do towards women and other innocent people. They are parasites who live off of others and suck off of every human service provider possible rather than getting a job and being a responsible father. Gay people by and large have masters degrees or higher, have nicely kept homes and yards, WORK, usually don't have kids that run amok, and yet people are upset about them getting married. How about locking up these predators who'd beat the living crap out of your daughters if he had the chance or these refugees who are rotting out SE Minneapolis? Many are three time felons - why aren't they being deported? Why don't these same groups of 'family values' people start protesting outside of Riverside Towers or the Hennepin County courthouse for all these men who walk away free after kicking these girls in the stomach or knocking her teeth out? Because they're scared to death of these people.

Cowards. Take your family values bull**** and stick it up your asses.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto416 View Post
I've always found it interesting how people choose their battles when it comes to specific social issues, in regards to how their protests could be dangerous to their physical health. People aren't afraid of gay men and women. However, the amount of problems caused by recent immigrants from East Africa to Minneapolis, the fortune they've cost Minnesota taxpayers, the crimes they commit, the robberies, the religious demands they've insisted on in Mpls Public Schools and how that has disrupted the school system; the number of black men who exploit, abuse and victimize these young white girls who, for whatever reason let these predators move in with them, get them pregnant, these girls work full time while the guys are out all day having sex with many other girls and stealing this girls money, not to mention he has no intention of sticking around when this kid is born or paying child support (I know a MPD officer and this story is so common in Minneapolis that its a shock NOT to see a black male/white female pairing that doesn't look like this).

Point being that nobody would dare confront these men for the harm they do towards women and other innocent people. They are parasites who live off of others and suck off of every human service provider possible rather than getting a job and being a responsible father. Gay people by and large have masters degrees or higher, have nicely kept homes and yards, WORK, usually don't have kids that run amok, and yet people are upset about them getting married. How about locking up these predators who'd beat the living crap out of your daughters if he had the chance or these refugees who are rotting out SE Minneapolis? Many are three time felons - why aren't they being deported? Why don't these same groups of 'family values' people start protesting outside of Riverside Towers or the Hennepin County courthouse for all these men who walk away free after kicking these girls in the stomach or knocking her teeth out? Because they're scared to death of these people.

Cowards. Take your family values bull**** and stick it up your asses.
Ooooh snap.

I don't even know where to begin with this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota