Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 09:34 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,328,506 times

Advertisements

I've lived in both the Twin Cities and outstate MN and never gave a second thought to "outstate" .....does it really matter?

Old 04-13-2014, 04:13 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,065,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfinn61_ View Post
I live in GREATER MINNESOTA. I prefer that term over OUTSTATE MINNESOTA. I feel that sounds better. Outstate to me means out of the state. Although that is the mind set of the twin cities people. They think the metro area IS the state of Minnesota. Well, citidiots, that is NOT the case. Greater Minnesota IS the State of Minnesota. There are people and places outside the metro area. Get out of you world and explore the rest of the state. You'll be surprised what there is to offer.
What's really funny is when people outside of the Twin Cities get offended when people call them names, but yet they insult the Twin Cities much, much more. Like you just did, hypocrite. What's really funny is I hear much more Twin Cities bashing from the greater/outstate Minnesota folks then I hear from Twin Cities folks bashing the rest of the state.

And I lived in Annandale for 16 years and lived in St Cloud for about 5 and a half years. I've only lived in the Twin Cities for about 4 and a half months and already love it so much more then I did living outside of the metro even though I am paying a lot more for rent down here. It's definitely worth it for me.

And my mom grew up in SW Minnesota and I got family including grandparents that have lived in Southwest Minnesota their whole 70-80 year life. I got plenty of relatives as well down by Rochester and up north around Bemidji and some in North Dakota as well. I have "explored" the rest of the state.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:42 PM

1,107 posts, read 2,280,108 times
This thread is funny. Only Minnesotans could have a civil war over what people call their part of the state, LOL!!! We are ALL Minnesotans, okay? And we all contribute to what makes it a great state, okay? No one would want all of MN to be one way or another. That would be boring. Come ON, people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota