Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 05:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,783 times

Advertisements

Hi all!

I thought I would post a reply too since I just took the test recently in Plymouth.

My test was very short and nothing to be worried about. My instructor was a very nice African American man. He had me demonstrate all the common features of my car: mirrors, seat adjustment, turn signals, hazard lights, parking brakes, defroster, fan controls, seat belt, etc. The first road you will pull into is a one way road and you must turn right. All the other roads on the closed course are two way roads. There were a few signs like don't turn right on red, stop, and yield to look out for, but that was it. Everything was really well marked. I performed the 90 degree back up first, parallel parking second, and hill parking last. The one comment I got was to turn my wheels the opposite direction on the hill. (I was nervous and messed that up, but after I was able to tell him all the hill parking rules he was totally OK with it.) Also, some of the two way streets have multiple lanes for each direction, but the lanes aren't devided. Make sure you hug one side. Ok, hopefully something there was helpful. As long as you know how to drive and stay calm, you guys will be totally fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 11:57 PM

82 posts, read 70,705 times
The way I see people drive these days I wonder how they ever passed and got a license.

Old 10-12-2019, 09:57 AM

2 posts, read 1,799 times
Default Plymouth Road Test - Lane 1-4 Right Turn Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush007stats View Post
Hi everyone,

I know this post is pretty old and is not active anymore. But, just have a quick query on the Plymouth DMV road test. Any help would be much appreciated.

So, I searched online for the Plymouth road test circuit and found that the starting point has four lanes, marked 1,2,3 and 4 from where we have to take a mandatory right turn on a one way street. My question is, if I have to start from lane 1 which is at the farthest left and I have to take a right turn, on which lane should I complete my turn (extreme left or right lane)?

And, is there any way I can go and check the circuit before going for the test. I know we are not allowed to drive or practice there, but can we at least park our vehicle at the DMV parking and walk and check the whole circuit?

Thanks for all the help!
I'm trying to find the answer to this, for my daughter, who is taking her test in Plymouth on Monday.
specifically,
starting point has four lanes, marked 1,2,3 and 4 from where we have to take a mandatory right turn on a one way street. My question is, if I have to start from lane 1 which is at the farthest left and I have to take a right turn, on which lane should I complete my turn (extreme left or right lane)?

Normally, I'd say turn right to the corresponding lane, but this is leaving a parking area, not a normal road.

Help, anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul