Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2022, 10:55 PM

1,470 posts, read 1,414,990 times

Advertisements

My parents are interested in moving to Minneapolis to be close to several family members. They aren't quite ready for assisted living, and more visitors would help them a lot. Looking for very walkable, very safe..perhaps an elevator building with a view. Age restricted ok, but I think they would prefer a bit of action..ball games, university stuff, easy grocery shopping, easy to get to med facilities. 2+ bedroom, 2+ bath..1000 sf plus, no stairs, and one car space..maybe 2. Budget 250-400k. I would be doing the house hunting for them, and I am just not that familiar with Minnesota, but have been there and dad used to work there on computer business trips.several decades ago. Would Midtown be good? Any zips I should look at? A good location is much more important than pool, etc.., and a location that would encourage family to visit and go to a game/spend the night would be wonderful. They would probably mostly socialize at church (also hopefully walkable). Thanks in advance and be proud people like them are considering your fine city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2022, 06:47 AM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Maybe downtown Stillwater? Linden Hills area of Mpls, but don’t know about medical facilities? Also, the price point you’ll want might not be workable for either. On a side note, I spoke to a guy who owns a mortgage business last weekend, said with the rates rising, work is slowing down. Then I spoke to a realtor and they said inventory isn’t there as it usually is in the spring. She mentioned moving now is mostly latterly, and most people don’t do or want to do that, especially if new mortgage rates are higher for same house.

Old 03-27-2022, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Maybe downtown Stillwater? Linden Hills area of Mpls, but don’t know about medical facilities? Also, the price point you’ll want might not be workable for either. On a side note, I spoke to a guy who owns a mortgage business last weekend, said with the rates rising, work is slowing down. Then I spoke to a realtor and they said inventory isn’t there as it usually is in the spring. She mentioned moving now is mostly latterly, and most people don’t do or want to do that, especially if new mortgage rates are higher for same house.
We are evil cash buyers...lol.

Old 03-28-2022, 06:12 PM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
We are evil cash buyers...lol.
Nothing wrong with cash, haha, but what I mentioned helps explain the lack of inventory.

Old 03-28-2022, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Nothing wrong with cash, haha, but what I mentioned helps explain the lack of inventory.
They tried there darnest to give them a mortgage for their last purchase at age 83, but dad still has a little Depression Era in him...but, yes, points taken about inventory. Lake Harriet looks great. Will keep an eye on it...there were 1 be condos for 200k..didnt see any twos....and the money is there for those houses, but the taxes would be pushing the envelope...and it would be much more than needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul