Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 02:36 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
They won't even let him have a public defender. He's broke and can't afford a lawyer.
It's a kangaroo sham.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2021, 08:02 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,573,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
7 people were shot in Minneapolis last night. 7! Same Chief that was in office when the Damon woman was shot and killed by MPD and when Chauvin did his thing.

No change in leadership. This problem isn’t one bad cop. It’s complete incompetence in city leadership.
No.

Harteau was chief when Damon was shot. She was forced to resign. Arradondo was chief when Floyd was killed, and still is.

Old 09-24-2021, 08:08 PM

3,422 posts, read 1,836,591 times
We need more police like him.

Democrats are just evil (well, most of them anyways.) The whole George Floyd thing.

Don't resist arrest...

Old 09-25-2021, 03:10 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
There was never definitive proof Floyd died from the Chauvin restraint hold, and didn't just die of an OD from fentanyl. Prosecution relied on "expert opinions", from "experts" heavily coached by Crump who specializes in this stuff for decades. It's impossible to prove beyond a reasonable doubt the restraint had anything to do with Floyd's death. He could have died of a drug OD/heart attack just sitting in the back of the police cruiser with nobody even close to him. I'd say 4 yrs is more like it for Chauvin negligence.

No way Chauvin got anywhere close to a fair jury. For example, post trial a photo surfaced of one of the jury members (well before the trial) at a black lives rally event with a justice for Floyd tee shirt on. Yeah, like he didn't have his mind made up already. Jury members likely feared their lives were in danger if they didn't come with a guilty verdict. No way could they find a partial jury for this in Minni. No way.
It is true that the trial was tainted and 100% political for progressive idiots (Minneapolis is full of them), and it is also true that George Floyd, although hero worshipped by said progressive idiots, was a low rent druggie/criminal thug in his own right.

But Chauvin was also a thug. You don't effing kneel on a prone, handcuffed arrestees neck (after they stopped struggling) for almost 9 damn minutes. Although it would be satisfying having the far left idiots self implode if Chauvin was freed (or even sentence reduced), Chauvin needs to stay in prison.

BTW, Minneapolis can stand by for more tax increases from all this progressive city mismanagement buffoonry.

https://minnesotareformer.com/2021/0...93dj5HYK8JR57A

Old 09-25-2021, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
It is true that the trial was tainted and 100% political for progressive idiots (Minneapolis is full of them), and it is also true that George Floyd, although hero worshipped by said progressive idiots, was a low rent druggie/criminal thug in his own right.

But Chauvin was also a thug. You don't effing kneel on a prone, handcuffed arrestees neck (after they stopped struggling) for almost 9 damn minutes. Although it would be satisfying having the far left idiots self implode if Chauvin was freed (or even sentence reduced), Chauvin needs to stay in prison.

BTW, Minneapolis can stand by for more tax increases from all this progressive city mismanagement buffoonry.

Does anyone truly believe Chauvin knew Floyd would die?

Does anyone truly believe Chauvin (who had an Asian wife) woke up that day saying he wanted to kill a black man?

The fact that they gave him the sentence that they gave him was overkill, and everyone who answers those questions above I believe would agree.

Old 09-25-2021, 10:10 AM

6,538 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post

Does anyone truly believe Chauvin (who had an Asian wife) woke up that day saying he wanted to kill a black man?

The fact that they gave him the sentence that they gave him was overkill, and everyone who answers those questions above I believe would agree.
I had a guy tell me that Chauvin isn’t even in jail, never has been, he’s been in prior to trial and after witness protection. How would any of us actually know if he’s in prison or not? We can’t go visit him….at first I thought it was a joke thoughts, but if you think about it a little, who knows?

Old 09-25-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
I had a guy tell me that Chauvin isn’t even in jail, never has been, he’s been in prior to trial and after witness protection. How would any of us actually know if he’s in prison or not? We can’t go visit him….at first I thought it was a joke thoughts, but if you think about it a little, who knows?
Same type of people probably think Ken Lay (Enron) is still alive, on an island somewhere.

Iguess in theory, it's possible (there are a number of conspiracy theories I believe) but I doubt it.

Old 09-25-2021, 08:25 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
There was never definitive proof Floyd died from the Chauvin restraint hold, and didn't just die of an OD from fentanyl. Prosecution relied on "expert opinions", from "experts" heavily coached by Crump who specializes in this stuff for decades. It's impossible to prove beyond a reasonable doubt the restraint had anything to do with Floyd's death. He could have died of a drug OD/heart attack just sitting in the back of the police cruiser with nobody even close to him. I'd say 4 yrs is more like it for Chauvin negligence.

No way Chauvin got anywhere close to a fair jury. For example, post trial a photo surfaced of one of the jury members (well before the trial) at a black lives rally event with a justice for Floyd tee shirt on. Yeah, like he didn't have his mind made up already. Jury members likely feared their lives were in danger if they didn't come with a guilty verdict. No way could they find a partial jury for this in Minni. No way.
Chauvin called the ambu, and tried to rush. What else he going to do? How he negligent? If you cant prove knee on neck killed Floyd, then Chauvin only guilty of being distasteful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post

If you cant prove knee on neck killed Floyd, then what is Chauvin guilty of that demands a sentence of many years in jail?

Old 09-30-2021, 11:00 PM

2,889 posts, read 2,137,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I thought 12 years was pretty excessive, maybe 6 to 8. However this could reduce it to 4.
Point being? Chauvin could use this to get this down from 22 (which actually followed State Guidelines) to Single Years.
Supreme Court (State) overturns third-degree murder conviction against ex-Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor

https://www.startribune.com/supreme-...86BbY4_p79JX-Y
chauvin was sentenced on the top charge, not the one this applies to.

Old 09-30-2021, 11:02 PM

2,889 posts, read 2,137,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post

your questions are irrelevant to the case. the law is not what you wish it to be, it is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul