Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 03:42 PM

179 posts, read 325,328 times

Advertisements

I'll be working at MSP, and would like a decently close neighborhood (within 30 minutes drive) for an apartment rental. I'm a fan of good happy hours and somewhat of a foodie, so would prefer a neighborhood with lots of options within either walking distance or a close drive. I'm looking for 1 bedroom apartments with a budget of $1500/month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 05:17 PM

6,543 posts, read 7,124,380 times
South and southwest Mpls /eastern Edina would work.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:00 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,367,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldl5112 View Post
I'll be working at MSP, and would like a decently close neighborhood (within 30 minutes drive) for an apartment rental. I'm a fan of good happy hours and somewhat of a foodie, so would prefer a neighborhood with lots of options within either walking distance or a close drive. I'm looking for 1 bedroom apartments with a budget of $1500/month.
I’d look in Whittier, especially near Nicollet Ave (Eat Street). Uptown and North Loop are also good choices.

Old 09-14-2021, 07:41 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,529,955 times
Edina near 50th and France.

Old 09-15-2021, 12:30 AM

628 posts, read 1,436,570 times
In Saint Paul, look close to Grand Avenue.. Neighborhoods you'll want to search are Summit Hill, Cathedral Hill and areas around Macalester College.

In SW Minneapolis, I would look to the following neighborhoods: Lowry Hill, Calhoun-Isles, Lowry Hill East aka the Wedge, ECCO (East Calhoun), South Uptown (formerly CARAG neighborhood), Kingfield and Linden Hills. The SW metro suburbs of Edina and Saint Louis Park are also very nice areas.

In NE Minneapolis, Audobon Park is my favorite neighborhood in the metro. Windom Park is the adjacent neighborhood just to it's south which is also a place to look.

Old 09-15-2021, 07:49 AM

If you end up looking in Uptown, which is probably the obvious choice given your criteria, I would hone in on the area of Lyndale and Lake. That way you’re right in the middle of bunch pf restaurants and bars and you have plenty of more restaurants and bars any direction you go. North will take you to downtown, west takes you to the Heart of Uptown (Hennepin/Lake), east would take you to Eat Street and south takes you to the quieter but still plenty hip restaurants, bars and wine tasting rooms in Kingfield.

Old 09-15-2021, 03:59 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,529,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
If you end up looking in Uptown, which is probably the obvious choice given your criteria, I would hone in on the area of Lyndale and Lake. That way you’re right in the middle of bunch pf restaurants and bars and you have plenty of more restaurants and bars any direction you go. North will take you to downtown, west takes you to the Heart of Uptown (Hennepin/Lake), east would take you to Eat Street and south takes you to the quieter but still plenty hip restaurants, bars and wine tasting rooms in Kingfield.
Perhaps up until two years ago. Those days are gone. One needs a CCW and what goes with it to live there.

Old 09-15-2021, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Perhaps up until two years ago. Those days are gone. One needs a CCW and what goes with it to live there.
Agreed. One evening of listening to the police scanner will do much more than simply put it into perspective.

Old 09-16-2021, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
What a bunch of bologna….

Old 09-16-2021, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
What a bunch of bologna….
You must live in Minneapolis, Kansas. This is the forum for the major Minnesota city also called Minneapolis. There’s been over 10 shootings and stabbings in the last few hours alone. The city of Minneapolis is safer than 3% of cities. Midtown has a 669% higher violent crime rate than the national average. There were over 5 stolen cars within an hour the other night. One was located on fire on the side of the street having been rear-ended into a parked car. As I typed this, an officer radioed they just heard 30 shots fired in south Minneapolis and there was just a home invasion immediately after. For 2021, Minneapolis has a higher violent crime rate than Chicago.

Edit: there was just a shot fired through a window of a home at 27th & Garfield - ironically a block and a half north of the Lyn-Lake intersection.

Last edited by gearedtowardssalad; 09-16-2021 at 01:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul