Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 12:14 PM

22 posts, read 74,639 times

Advertisements

This is strange - I posted a message but I don't see it.

Ignoring my last few messages, I have a more direct question to ask. For a family of Indian origin in the MSP suburbs, what is the experience like? Would we be relegated to Indian-only friend circles, or is it likely to be more diverse? I realize this depends on me, to some extent - but it also depends on others in the neighborhood - hence the question. I'm asking for an opinion here, not fact, and I understand that everyone will have their own opinions about this, based on their experiences. I'm requesting you to share it with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2021, 01:25 PM

249 posts, read 504,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_gruffalo View Post

Ignoring my last few messages, I have a more direct question to ask. For a family of Indian origin in the MSP suburbs, what is the experience like? Would we be relegated to Indian-only friend circles, or is it likely to be more diverse? I realize this depends on me, to some extent - but it also depends on others in the neighborhood - hence the question. I'm asking for an opinion here, not fact, and I understand that everyone will have their own opinions about this, based on their experiences. I'm requesting you to share it with me.
You'll be fine. There are Indian people all over, especially in Edina, Eden Prairie, and Plymouth. Lots of doctors and IT professionals. If you make a point to introduce yourself, you'll meet plenty of people. If you are standoffish, people won't come up to you. Good luck!

Old 10-03-2021, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paiste13 View Post
You'll be fine. There are Indian people all over, especially in Edina, Eden Prairie, and Plymouth. Lots of doctors and IT professionals. If you make a point to introduce yourself, you'll meet plenty of people. If you are standoffish, people won't come up to you. Good luck!

Thank you, that is what I expected, and hoped, to hear.

Old 11-12-2021, 10:11 PM

35 posts, read 46,545 times
There is a lot of misinformation on here about Edina.

- There are walkable districts here. Most, but not all, are near France Ave, from 494 up till the border with Minneapolis/SLP, as well as along 50th, and Morningside/44th.

- there are all sorts of nice houses at or below 700K. You will also find property taxes to be lesser than what you'd pay in the Cities for an equivalent property, and services(parks, snow removal, schools) to be better.

- the schools in Edina are some of the best public schools in the State, and have been for decades. There is only one HS, which is very good. There are only two main middle schools, Southview, and Valleyview(which is right beside the HS). Southview would have the students from most, but not all of the most walkable areas. I like Valleyview a bit more than Southview, but they are more similar than different.

Old 11-12-2021, 10:26 PM

35 posts, read 46,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_gruffalo View Post

There is a growing amount of Asians in Edina. Three of my son's friend group(he is not Indian) are of Indian descent. They have been over to our house many times. I would say that the main separator for that friend group is more educational interest than race. They are pretty diverse racially, but academically inclined.

Eden Prairie has a significant Indian population, and some decent Indian restaurants.

Old 02-28-2022, 09:08 PM

79 posts, read 224,025 times
I just read this thread with great interest. Wondering if the OP ever bought a house.

I’m facing many of the same decisions with a slightly lower budget. And my high schooler is Asian.

Old 03-01-2022, 09:47 AM

We have not. Still trying to see how going back to office pans out in my company, before planning anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul