Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 02:33 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,094,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Post #2 in this thread answered the question. I learned it while watching the local news.
They should be reporting on it in the news, people's lives could be in danger by venturing into that area.

Any way,I will believe it's closed when it is actually closed, not just because the carny trash Council says it will.

Old 03-04-2021, 09:25 AM

Is "George Floyd Square" a real thing now? Did the government make that place/name official?

Strange to see it in my STrib email link. Did the government make that an actual thing?

Old 03-05-2021, 09:11 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,153,896 times
I only recently found out that there was substantial damage and destruction on Broadway Avenue as well as the Uptown area

funny I had not heard anything about Broadway being involved

can someone confirm or deny this?

Old 03-05-2021, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojester View Post
I only recently found out that there was substantial damage and destruction on Broadway Avenue as well as the Uptown area

funny I had not heard anything about Broadway being involved

can someone confirm or deny this?
I am not sure. If the so-called local news were doing their jobs, we would be being properly informed about all manner of goings-on in the Twin Cities and state.

Really sad state of affairs when they haven't done their jobs in years (or decades).

Old 03-05-2021, 09:36 AM

4,875 posts, read 6,937,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Is "George Floyd Square" a real thing now? Did the government make that place/name official?

Strange to see it in my STrib email link. Did the government make that an actual thing?
Quite a country that we're living in now. We're tearing down statues of our forefathers who created the greatest country in history while putting their lives on the line, and naming squares after career criminals. Hell, they'll probably erect a statue right in the middle of it. Maybe it will be one with him pointing a gun at a pregnant woman's belly. At least that would be built with some accuracy.

Old 03-05-2021, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Quite a country that we're living in now. We're tearing down statues of our forefathers who created the greatest country in history while putting their lives on the line, and naming squares after career criminals. Hell, they'll probably erect a statue right in the middle of it. Maybe it will be one with him pointing a gun at a pregnant woman's belly. At least that would be built with some accuracy.
It is appalling. The deification of such a man as GF.

Everyone knows it's wrong. EVERYONE knows in their bones that deifying such a derelict is reprehensible, yet we are forced to go along with the narrative.

Old 03-05-2021, 02:01 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,384,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
If you’re referring to confederate monuments then I respectfully disagree with you here.

Old 03-11-2021, 08:03 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,453,605 times
https://www.foxnews.com/us/george-fl...-defund-police

Old 03-11-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
I'm hearing whites are not allowed in this zone, as reported on a national talk show recently.

The segregated Deep South has arrived in MN, apparently.

EDIT: I see in your link: "no white people" allowed in this autonomous zone. Yep, this is definitely progress.

Old 03-11-2021, 09:41 AM

4,875 posts, read 6,937,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I'm hearing whites are not allowed in this zone, as reported on a national talk show recently.

The segregated Deep South has arrived in MN, apparently.

EDIT: I see in your link: "no white people" allowed in this autonomous zone. Yep, this is definitely progress.
Of COURSE evil racist privileged white people shouldn't be allowed. Only black lives matter, remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul