Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 08:29 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,248,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
We have a sick an violent society in this country. We are in complete denial to admit it. It is not just with the cops in this country. I know many want to just blame cops, for quickly shooting people, but I don't think that is the real root of the problem. This country has the violence of a uncivilized society. The cops are afraid of being shot at random, as has been happening in various cities. That is probably what happened in this case. Sadly this poor beautiful innocent woman is dead. All because cops are afraid of being shot while on duty. No one really wants to admit that.

I'm not condoning at all what happened. I'm disgusted with what happened. I just think it's time to fully and honestly address this continuous problem. Are cops feeling so unsafe in their jobs they just shoot people. If so address honestly the problem. I mean as a society in general not just police depts. We have a violent society and the cops are victims of it also. They are fighting back in a very scared manner by reacting to situations by shooting people. Because they are afraid of someone coming up to the car and shooting them. This has to stop. Frankly I can't imagine why anyone would even apply for the job anymore.

I just feel so bad for this poor woman, and I'm becoming more ashamed of America's violent reputation.
I honestly feel the same way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 08:54 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,662,975 times
Something seems really fishy about this whole thing. That's all I'll say for now.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:58 PM

4,314 posts, read 4,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota Spring View Post
Something seems really fishy about this whole thing. That's all I'll say for now.
Maybe hiring by quotas wasn't such a great idea.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:38 PM

182 posts, read 298,026 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG-YKiPg9Yk

Yeah, my thoughts are pretty much this.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:18 PM

4,314 posts, read 4,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySun View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG-YKiPg9Yk

Yeah, my thoughts are pretty much this.

In the Castille case, the jury ( composed of 10 whites and 2 Blacks ) voted unanimously for acquittal.

Spin that any way you want !

Old 07-17-2017, 11:35 PM

182 posts, read 298,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
In the Castille case, the jury ( composed of 10 whites and 2 Blacks ) voted unanimously for acquittal.

Spin that any way you want !
Which has nothing to do with the points the gentleman made in the video if you actually listened to it...

Old 07-18-2017, 01:52 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,709,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Absolute disgrace. What the hell is Wrong in this sick country. I heard on the news this story is the front page news n Sydney.
It's front page news in Europe too, and for good reason. How does an unarmed woman who actually reported a crime get shot dead by the police? Tragic, but this happens in the US a lot, unarmed people being shot that is.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:36 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,995,759 times
Quote:
And fast-tracking someone so they can say "hey, not all immigrants are bad"?

Old 07-18-2017, 07:13 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,528,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota Spring View Post
Quote:
Exactly.
He had a business degree.
Makes the libs happy though, racial.equity

Old 07-18-2017, 07:20 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,528,776 times
Why is the. News media not even breathing a word this could be a race gender hate crime?
A Somolian male kills a white women.
I am not saying it is.

The news and some people are all over it prematurely if a person of color is shot.

Officer Identified as Firing Fatal Shot Has 3 Complaints on File, City Records Show | KSTP.com

Officer Identified as Firing Fatal Shot Has 3 Complaints on File, City Records Show

July 17, 2017 08:31 PM

The Minneapolis police officer said to be the one who fired the shot that killed 40-year-old Justine Damond Saturday night in southwest Minneapolis had three complaints on file, according to city records.

Multiple sources confirmed to KSTP Monday morning that the identity of the officer is Mohamed Noor.

Advertisement

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner's autopsy report, released Monday night, indicates Damond died from a single gunshot wound to the abdomen, and that the manner of death was a homicide.

Noor joined the department in March 2015 and is currently assigned to the 5th Precinct in the southwest part of the city.

City records show one complaint against him was dismissed with no disciplinary action being taken. The other two remain open.
A source with direct knowledge of the shooting said Monday the officer fired at least once, killing the woman. The source said that Noor was sitting in the passenger seat at the time of the shooting.

Noor reportedly shot across his partner who was the driver of the squad at the time. The shooting occurred at 11:30 p.m. Saturday.
Noor is the first Somali-American police officer in the 5th Precinct. He has a degree is business administration and economics from Augsburg College.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul